Poppies Mixed Media

I am an art teacher and I love Georgia O’Keeffe. Here is one of my mixed media pieces I created for my portfolio. It all started with a used bulletin board and some paper bags for texture. This is my first post.

33 Likes

What a beautiful first post!

1 Like

Poppies are one of my favorite subjects…this is lovely…and I truly enjoy mixed media pieces!

Welcome…hope to see more!

2 Likes

You achieved a great amount of texture and layers - it looks great!

1 Like

beautiful! li love that you used paper bags for texture.

2 Likes

I love poppies as well, the texture on your background really adds to your painting! I like how the poppies aren’t confined to the green area as well :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing with us, hope to see more of your work!

1 Like

That is beautiful!

1 Like

So gorgeous!!! I love the brightness mixed with the subdued background.

1 Like

Truly gorgeous colors and yes, I’d like to run my hand over it to feel the texture.

1 Like

That’s beautiful!!

1 Like

These poppies really do POP off the background. And the layers gives them the highs and lows. Really well done!

Thank you for sharing! I’m happy you posted!

1 Like

I adore poppies and your mixed media piece is gorgeous. Welcome!

1 Like

Beautiful! And welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love how the flowers extend beyond the borders. And they are so vibrant! Welcome and thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Lovely! I never would have thought that was ever a bulletin board.

1 Like

This is so vibrant and a great use of the bulletin board! Beautiful!

1 Like

Beautiful! I love the sensuous curves on your poppies, and the gorgeous vibrant colour of them

1 Like

I strongly encourage touching my work. It’s kind of part of the experience I think.

Love, love, love them! Anything poppies is wonderful to me but these are just right.

1 Like

Oooh Im a sucker for big flowers! Beautiful work, and welcome!

1 Like