Posca painting experiments

Bought some Posca markers late last week and have been experimenting… here are some finished drawings/paintings

I’m really liking the pens but they are suited for harder surfaces then paper. If you go back and forth, the damp paper pills up underneath…

16 Likes

Gesso your paper to stop the piling and give the paint pens a harder surface instead of soaking into the paper. I find that using acrylic paint to make the larger shapes and then using the Poscas saves paint as well.

Love how you are branching out and experimenting…love your abstracts!

3 Likes

Thanks! I tend to doodle and draw a lot while I’m waiting for meetings to start or for extended periods where I just need to listen (currently listening to meeting series where we are working on specifications for a digital product and I only need to ask questions occasionally). I might have to prep a bunch of pages to use while at my desk… cause computers + water + paint sounds like a bad combo. Part of why the Posca intrigued me was the solid color and marker format.

2 Likes

Yeah, I prep several pages in my journals just so I can doodle while doing boring things as well. All of computers seem to have splatters…lol…

Even a thin coat of gesso on crap paper helps the pens go more smoothly…I love Poscas!

2 Likes

These are gorgeous! The posca colors are so vibrant and your designs are so much fun. A great combo!

2 Likes

Thank you!

These are a lot of fun!

2 Likes

These are all so happy and vibrant. The first one looks like something you might see under a microscope.

3 Likes

I love how smooth these are. You don’t have the steaks that some of the other pens can leave. The designs are fun too!

2 Likes

These are really pretty!

1 Like