Positive Affirmation Mugrugs

Made for my 3 lovely partners in this year’s Positive Affirmation swap. I’ve got one in the works for myself as well, so that we can all have a virtual tea party together and think of each other and our friendship whenever we lift a cup.
For @Edel who is certainly going through stuff right now.

This is the way out of all our troubles, through, with tea and friendship.

For my sister from another mister @curiousfae as a reminder that we can choose to carry life’s burdens around or we can peacefully and lovingly set that stuff down and walk right away from it and into our happiness.
(blurred for swears)

For the sweet and dear @kayrun who is a soft, bright light all on her own.

A reminder to pause and feel all the loveliness of life, it’s all around us all the time.

And just because, a wool felt heart stuffed with lavender from our front garden.

Simple pleasures … :purple_heart:

27 Likes

Each one is lovely and you personalized them so thoughtfully!

I get a kick how you find new ways to get some pink into @curiousfae’s life! :laughing:

4 Likes

So lovely! Your creations are amazing.

2 Likes

They are all fantastic and SO CLEAN! Your stitching is immaculate! And those edges. I am in awe.

2 Likes

So cheery and delightful! And affirming, of course.

1 Like

Beautiful one and all.

1 Like

@gozer completely immaculate stitching.

@Magpie I had a cuppa with you yesterday, xx

5 Likes

I hope whatever you’re going through is eased soon @Edel

4 Likes

I wish I could click your heart button multiple times!!
I’m thrilled to be part of the virtual tea party!
:heart_decoration:

2 Likes

These are all so lovely! Well done Magpie!
May I ask if you have made the pattern yourself, or is it one you can buy? I feel the need to make these for some in my family.

1 Like

I love, love, love these rugs and the sentiment behind each one! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I find patterns frustrating so usually just make things up on my own. This is quite easy but there are some tricks. I’ll take pics of the next one I make so you can see how to put it together & do the finishing. I hope you will make some! That would be so lovely.

6 Likes

So beautiful!

1 Like

These are all so wonderful! Every detail is just so perfect, and the sentiments so sweet.

1 Like

What a great pattern! I love the versatility of it with your various colors. I really like the multi-colored binding on the first one. That black heart works well with the sentiment on the second and really pops against that pink, though I have to say, I really like that striped binding too. And I like the multi colored sunrays (heart rays?) on the third one.

The purple heart makes me smile. Affirmations like that (actually, all of your affirmations) make me want to take a step back, take a breath, and take a moment to appreciate all around me. You really nailed it all around!

3 Likes

Love how the hearts and affirmations are offset on your mug rug designs. They will be partially visible when a mug is set on them. I like small project art quilting. Nice binding!

2 Likes

:scissors: :rainbow: :heart: Congratulations! Your beautiful Positive Affirmation Mugrugs are a Featured Project this week! :heart: :rainbow: :scissors:

2 Likes

These are all just beautiful! I also love the thoughtful affirmations you added- so personal and perfect.

1 Like

I want to give these so many hearts :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

They are all so beautifully done, radiating such caring and love!

1 Like