COMPLETE - Positive Affirmations R-3

Fall is soup season in our house. We don’t get very cool temperatures in the fall, but the evenings are a bit chillier, so soup is always welcomed. Jim and I both make soups. This year, I told him I would bake more breads to eat with the soups to make more complete meals. A small salad, soup and homemade bread…what exciting lives we live! :smile:

We will also make a trip back North through the mountains of Virginia so I am hoping to see fall colors…our trees go from green to bare…I miss the fall leaves!

4 Likes

My favorite part of this time of the year are snuggly sweaters and slippers. I love being snuggly and warm instead of sweaty and hot. :slight_smile:

@Abbeeroad I get that nostalgia excitement too. Fall reminds me so much of a fresh start even though things are starting to get darker and colder. I’m sure it’s just a product of so many years of new school years beginning for me when I was younger, but it still holds true.

@Tapestry What kind of temps will you see in actual winter where you live?

@AIMR Soup season! Yes! And for us at our house, CASSEROLES! Easy and delicious and they always make great leftovers.

3 Likes

My husband really doesn’t like casseroles…I think it reminds him too much of our early marriage years when we practically lived on tuna casserole! ha

I have been looking at different casseroles using potatoes or other foods besides pasta…and more with chicken or lean meats (no tuna!)…I actually love casseroles myself, especially if there is cheese involved!

1 Like

That ending feeling for me is because another seasonal year is wrapping up. All the growth & productivity comes to harvest & the business of summer shifts to rest. It’s the beginning of a new phase & when I start having time for crafting again.
And yes, cosy sweaters, slippers, socks, snuggly blankets, yay!

I sent my final parcel to @kayrun just now. Is everyone good for sent out day this Monday?

3 Likes

I have one package left to do. I will probably need all the time, but should be good for a Monday send.

2 Likes

This is my least favourite time of the year, but there must be something I like

… My homemade soup.
… My collection of pink coats.
…cute knitted hats.

And of course Christmas

4 Likes

soup! YES
and Christmas too

also, @Magpie and @Abbeeroad , you both did such a wonderful job of describing this change of seasons we are in at the moment! totally agree

3 Likes

It’s so $%#&ing hot here in San Francisco - unusual weather for us, that I will buy the yummy treats on Saturday morning before sending. I will re-read the preferred choices of my partners so nothing melts during the delivery journey.

1 Like

I received a lovely package of positive vibes, pics in the gallery!

2 Likes

Here’s a bluegrass song that sounds like the autumn feels we’ve been describing. So lovely it’s a bit painful.

Lovely.

1 Like

Just FYI. The post office in the US is closed tomorrow for indigenous/columbus day. I just realized that as I was printing out my label.

2 Likes

Ohhh! It’s Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday but I figured you all were safe. Send outs will be Tuesday then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you!
holiday had not even crossed my mind. I’m still crafting away over here!
I’m excited to see how the final product will turn out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not crafting but I still have all the “stuff” to do…find packing materials, write out a card, etc. etc. I am grateful for the extra day!

2 Likes

I’m done crafting and was ready to send tomorrow, but now I’ll be getting everything packaged up tomorrow so I can send Tuesday! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I did send yesterday via UPS.

Does anyone else miss post offices open on Sundays? I can’t even go to the airport to mail stuff anymore. Macy’s in San Francisco had Sunday hours as did one other PO in the city. Sigh - I liked going on Sundays to get stuff done.

2 Likes

Didn’t I just move a book & find a stack of stuff I meant to include in my partner’s packages? Ugh.

3 Likes

Hello dear friends, a bit of house keeping:
Please help me out & double check the statuses in the first post of the gallery, let me know if I’ve missed anything.
There are still a couple senders to check in with me, let me and your partner(s) know about any delays.
Thanks all!

2 Likes

Last package received! Pics will be in the gallery soon. Thank you all so much for another marvelous round of Positive Affirmations!

5 Likes