Poster Sized Whimsical Birds (4 of 4)

As long as everything works out for me to become the new elementary art educator, my theme will be…of course…birds!

I’m painting these whimsical birds on posterboard. They are outlined in Sharpie, painted in watercolor and/or acrylic and will be classroom decor.

19 Likes

I’m sure the kids will love it. Fingers crossed for you getting the position!

2 Likes

Nice! I like the bird’s legs. It is fun!

1 Like

It’s lovely!

1 Like

What a great way to welcome students!

2 Likes

Thanks all! He’s cut out and even cuter!

3 Likes

I like the way he’s looking out of the corner of his eye!

3 Likes

Go sure hope you get this position! You are having waaaaay too much fun here! Such a cute bird!

2 Likes

I’ve changed my post to share all 4 of my poster sized birds. I’ve completed 2 so far.

Thanks, there’s still some “what ifs” before my chance, like current certified staff that could possibly apply, or someone certified that applies when it becomes public. I would be contingent on the schooling to become certified…but, the outlook is pretty good for me.

1 Like

Congratulations, this is one of this week’s featured projects!

1 Like

These are fun and colorful and exactly what will encourage and inspire kids!

3 Likes

I finished my 3rd bird. It’s okay, but I don’t like it as much as the others. It’s the color combo I chose, I think, or maybe the shape. I liked the reference I used, but not seeing it colored in.

2 Likes

I have decided I’ll probably make a 5th bird since I don’t really like the green one. I finished my 4th bird!

2 Likes

I love their stripey legs!!

1 Like