Potpourri box decoupage

Potpourri box decoupage, small matchbox small cut images glued on. Potpourri is a mix of dried ginger root peel, 2 cloves, 1/2 small cinnamon stick, small piece nutmeg nut ground in mortar & pestle, 2 dried scented roses from my garden cut into tiny strips. Inside of box also has decoupage. With a sewing pin pricked airing holes on top so scent releases.Size of box approx 2" by 2 3/4".
The spices and roses potpourri mix can also be used in water in an oil burner to evaporate a sweet scent in the home.
The 3 rounds are for essential oil. Made those after watching a Youtube vid on making clay with baking soda, cornflour and water. They are airdried just last week painted the edges with diy acrylic colors just from what was left on brush to give a hint of color. The clay I added a small vial of glitter but it does not show in picture. In life one sees sparkle.

8 Likes

Mmmmmm…I’ll bet it smells delicious! Pretty, too.

1 Like

I wish we had smellovision! :heart_eyes: I love that you added sparkle, too. :raised_hands:

3 Likes

What a great idea!

1 Like

So sweet!!

1 Like

What a clever use for a matchbox! It turned out so pretty.

1 Like

Oh that’s really cute and clever! And the potpourri itself sounds like it smells fantastic! Do you have a specific place in mind for it?

1 Like

It is right here under my pc monitor/desktop to give fragrance.