Potty signage

Our delightful @TheMistressT has a bit of a reputation for jazzing up the watercloset. So when I saw an “octopied” sign on her Pinterest I knew I had to make it happen!

Thankfully, my son had started a project that he’d changed course on, and he told me that I could have the perfectly sized, sanded, and stained piece of wood that he left behind. Huzzah!

I decided that the sign should be 2 sided and wracked my brain to come up with a suitable counterpart for the opposite side.

Some time with my silhouette machine and a whole lot of weeding later, this punny addition was finished. I sent it to her with her IYP swap package.

22 Likes

This is so clever! I just love the whole sea theme and the funny play on words!

2 Likes

Way to go above and beyond the pinspiration!

2 Likes

Thanks, guys!

1 Like

This is the coolest! She does have a knack for making the potty pretty!

1 Like

It’s awesome and ALL MINE! Well, I guess TheMisterT’s a little bit, too.

2 Likes

Fantastic! Did you stencil it or just apply vinyl? I have been reading The Soul of an Octopus so I have a deeper appreciation of them, now (I always liked them and knew they were smart, but I’m learning more about their actual personalities). I feel like I need to steal your idea even though I’m the only one in my house :slight_smile: It’s so beautifully made and the puns are just the cleverest!

3 Likes

:rofl: I love this! :octopus: :whale2:

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

I applied vinyl. :hugs:

2 Likes

First time I laughed today! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you! :grin:

1 Like

DUUUDDDEEE! This is SO rad!

3 Likes

What a delightfully punny sign! I love the play on words and the design is gorgeous.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!