Pour Paint Shenanigans

I’m exploring and learning about pour painting and have put together a colab of ones I have made! These are 4x6 and 5x7 flat canvas.

I put most in two collages to save the excessive scrolling. I am not using any heating element to move the paint to limit noise while Mr. Lynx is wfm.

This one was a happy accident! As I was titling my piece, I dropped it a couple times into paint already pooled and so it gave this piece the cool blue-purples!

That gave me the idea to just use a 4x6 canvas to pick up paint, and it created this neato piece!

I spy a mermaid, a lion, and what looks maybe like a melting dog a la Picasso!

I am finding I like the blues and greens best! Maybe because it is color preference. Today I played with a red, white, and blue mix, too.

I don’t care for the orange ones as much.

You’ll notice I’m exploring mica powder on wet paint in some of my pieces.

Here are some singles of pieces I really like.

I may be missing few in the smaller sizes.

Here is an 11x7 with mica powder.

I apologize for glare in some pictures.

Now to get some sealant and properly seal these, as opposed to accidentally gesso spraying them! Hah

Thanks for looking.

16 Likes

These are great. I love the different appearances based on colour. The blue ones obviously lend themselves to water (including accidental purple seaweed), but that orange/brown/gold set look like they are pictures of the surface of some arid planet.

2 Likes

That first one has underwater vibes that I love. :hearts:

1 Like

These are all GREAT! Love the oranges as well as the blues/purples the most I think

1 Like

That’s a great collection you’ve got going!

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

I love them all! The ones you said are favorites of yours stand out to me as well. Gorgeous!

1 Like

I want to do these SO bad! Love the one with the blues purples and pinks

1 Like

Very cool! The mica powder is a fun addition!

1 Like

They are all gorgeous!

1 Like