Prairie Schooler 2012 Santa Cross-Stitch

I purchased some patterns from Etsy for a swap thinking that I would probably have a partner that was interested in Christmas cross-stitch. I was wrong, but I still have these fun cross-stitch patterns so I started on one anyway. This might be in my Shop the Swap shop next year, unsure.

I believe this is 16ct Aida. I didn’t realize that the lettering was supposed to be stitched in green, I stitched in grey. Also, I did not include the edge stitching. There are three more minor mistakes, but I think it still looks good.

12 Likes

It looks terrific! I also bought a lot of Christmas patterns but I am still working on a couple of the Halloween ones (including the one you fixed up for me!)…maybe between Christmas and the New Year I can work on a few for NEXT Christmas!

I like Prairie Schooler patterns because you don’t need to do a ton of backstitching , if any…the shapes are simple and form their own picture without it! Love his face the most!

2 Likes

It came out great, festive!

1 Like

What a sweet Santa!

1 Like

It looks great! I love his rosy cheeks!

2 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

The lettering looks great and no one would ever know there were “mistakes”, which are not really mistakes. You are just customizing the pattern to your liking. It looks adorable!

3 Likes

It’s wonderful! I think the only person who sees any mistakes in this is you. It looks very lovely to me.

2 Likes

Lovely! Santa’s face is my favorite part, too.

1 Like

It’s funny when I saw the two colors for the face I didn’t think they would look well together. And yet, they do! The mysteries of cross-stitch.

1 Like

Indeed!! Lol!

1 Like