Prairie Schooler hen and rooster

From Prairie Schooler book 94. I stitched those a few years back and planned to make ornaments from these. That never happened so they sat in a box until I donated them to the fundraiser. They live with @MightyMitochondria now.

17 Likes

That was a awesome donation…everyone loves chickens, right?

Lovely job…to be enjoyed and not just sitting in a box…and for a great cause, too!

They look so great! Amazing vintage colours. What is the fabric, it looks like linen but also like a soft sort of Aida, cool!

Love Prairie Schooler!! Great job and lucky @MightyMitochondria

1 Like

I am so glad they live with @MightyMitochondria! Your stitching is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the love!

1 Like

They are the prettiest little birds! :orange_heart:

The fabric is linen, it’s actually not that soft. I always like to stitch on linen that’s a bit stiff so it’s easy to keep the tension without using a frame or hoop.

I had actually been working on my ‘finished but not quite finished’ pile for a while so the fundraiser came at the right time. I love everything but I’ve just made too much to find a place for in my own home. These days most of what I make ends up in other homes.

What a generous donation. @MightyMitochondria is a lucky one!

Yay for donations!! :+1:t2:

And your stitching is perfect! I know you love chickens :wink: but I love them too!

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Yahoo! Thanks for stitching them and thanks for the donation. They turned out great.

Your chickens are still in my craft room above my sewing machine!

2 Likes

Oh that is good to hear!

I will send you a pic of what I did with the MAQ, it’s still a WIP and I should finish it this year!!

They are really pretty, and sometimes things don’t go as we wish, but at least someone else will be able to enjoy them now :slight_smile: