Prairie schooler spring edition?

After the succes of the Closed - Prairie Schooler Fall/Winter Swap Round 2 - Send by Sept 12th , is anyone interested in a spring themed swap?

@AIMR @irid3sc3nt @momiemae @Kwality570 @jemimah @kittykill

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the last one! I could be interested, but I need to make progress on my 2 big swaps first, so I wouldnā€™t want to sign up just yet.

1 Like

Iā€™d be interested as wellā€¦but the IYP send out is March 22nd and it is a pretty big one for me. Maybe closer to mid-April due date?

2 Likes

I moved this to new swap ideas. You would probably get more traction there. :blush:

2 Likes

I enjoyed this swap. I would have to wait until end of Feb since Iā€™m signed up for the magnet swap.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t have a clear timeline in mind, so Iā€™m fine with whatever timeline works for people.

I think last time we did a month of stitching time, right? And that seemed like enough time, I donā€™t remember anyone not being finished in time. We could do sign up by March 15, send out by April 15?

2 Likes

That sounds great to me! And thereā€™s nothing stopping us doing a bit of pre-looking at patterns, and pre-stitching of course :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Itā€™s almost March! I was thinking about signups from 7 to 15 March?? Then four weeks of stitch time. Like last year, we could let people decide if they want one or two partners.

@AIMR with your upcoming move, would you still be interested? I can totally imagine swapping is on hold for you for a while until youā€™re settled somewhere else.

I originally came up with the idea for a Prairie Schooler swap since the patterns have a specific look, are widely available online, and donā€™t require a lot of time, many different colours of thread or a lot of skill. Are people still interested in a Prairie Schooler swap or should we drop that?

Iā€™m not really that invested in the Prairie Schooler brand but what Iā€™m a bit concerned about, weā€™re all a bunch of crafty overachievers here. I want to make sure this remains an ā€œeasyā€ cross stitch swap.

2 Likes

lol I still have to continue my lifeā€¦and I purposely left my embroidery stuff outā€¦but, I have to clear a negative swap firstā€¦I should have that done by March 7th at the latestā€¦I am at a good point for the IYP swap, so I would like to join if nothing comes upā€¦

3 Likes

I enjoy Prairie Schooler patterns, so personally I like leaving it as those specifically.
Iā€™m in the bookmark swap currently (and the magnet swap but sendouts are this thursday). The two shouldnā€™t interfere with each other since Iā€™m crafting something mostly paper-related for it.

3 Likes

Would it be ok to go for a general Prairie Scooler style theme, but also allow for similar patterns? Iā€™ve got a few vintage simple cross stitch patterns that might be nice for this.

2 Likes

I also like the style of some of my older patternsā€¦I quite like patterns like prairie schooler that make a lovely design without tons of backstitchingā€¦

2 Likes

Sorry, life got a bit crazy here and I totally forgot about this!! Iā€™m doing fine, but Iā€™m recovering from a chest infection so Iā€™ve been going to bed early lately. Iā€™ll open the signups tonight. Would it be ok for you guys to close signups on the 18th?? Thatā€™s only 5 days instead of 7 but Iā€™m going on a trip the day after and I wonā€™t take my laptop.

2 Likes

Sign-up is officially opened! Prairie Schooler Spring / Summer Swap - Sign-ups OPEN March 13 - 18, S/O April 20

2 Likes