Prairie Schooler Spring / Summer Swap GALLERY

Hope your day goes well, and hope you’re feeling 100% soon!

2 Likes

Thank you, it was a rough day with having the migraine for the majority of it then the family hovering impatiently as I made dinner. Including the cats. I’m in a houseful of hungry dudes.

But.

I have photos of what you sent to me!!!

jemimah sent a sturdy envelope with a bunch of fun postage stamps on it! I especially love the echidna. We decided to send a few flat extras to each other, so here are the extras first:

Lovely card with a fun cat envelope that I will totally be re-using. There’s also a beautiful blank postcard. Should I keep it? Should I send it to my sis to brighten her day because she loves Australia so much? Choices.

Stickers! I love stickers. There are also two cards that are positive affirmations/gratitude. I think I’m going to collage them into greeting cards for friends. May has been rough on a few of them. One set is moving (closer to me) and the others are fully remodeling their basement. Both stressful!

I have a coloring zine! Yay! I was thinking about making one for jemimah, but it went through my head and out my ear. I forgot that I was going make one until I saw this-- how funny! Btw, when is the next zine swap?

Here are the TWO cross stitch pieces I received! They’re on a square of fabric, but I took close-ups so you can see the detail. These are tiny stitches on a fabric count that I have yet to graduate up to and, wow, the backside is amazing. So well kept. I see the difference in mine from when I first started to now, but it’s still not nearly as neat and tidy:

A bun! for spring

A crow! for autumn

I’m hoping you will like the package I sent to you, jemimah. It was about a month ago that I took it to the post office, I think, and had them weigh it and assure me I didn’t need a customs form on it. Speed up, mail!

Oh and how did you make the edges of your pieces so nice? They look sewn!

Thank you for being my partner!

4 Likes

Beautiful work! I have so much linen that I purchased to cross stitch and embroider on but I also have not yet tried it…the stitches seem so tiny!

I love the crow, but I imagine it was challenging, being all black! Wow!

As usually, a well curated swap package!

3 Likes

I know, right??? I’d be holding it right up to my face to get the stitches correct, even though I’m near-sighted.

2 Likes

Yay! I’m so glad you like your package :smile_cat:

Hopefully it won’t be too much longer to wait until your envelope arrives! I’m sure it’ll be here soon :snail: :love_letter:

3 Likes

My envelope from @irid3sc3nt arrived today, hooray! I can’t believe how she fitted so much into one envelope!!

Stickers and stationery and the cutest cat note :smile_cat:

More stickers! So cute, I will love using these :heart:

A gorgeous postcard and a hilarious greeting card :laughing:

And the main event - a beautifully stitched and super cute bunny cross stitch, it’s adorable! :rabbit2:

Thank you so much for such a bright and happy package, I love everything!

3 Likes

I just love that bunnies are appearing in the stitch projects! I really like this one because of the shading and the shape (without backstitching!). Beautiful work

3 Likes