Prairie Schooler Spring / Summer Swap - Sign-ups CLOSED, Send-out April 20

Yup! I have everything I need now. I started the day before yesterday (I had to knit a washcloth yesterday.) I’m adding a bit more to a pattern, nothing crazy. Should be fun!

2 Likes

I’m on my way home! Which is of course not my favourite part of the trip but it does mean I’ll get to start stitching soon! I’m still thinking about what I’ll stitch for @AIMR but I’ve got some ideas. I won’t have to work until Friday and we’re not hosting Easter this year so I’ll have plenty of time to start stitching.

1 Like

I should be able to start next weekend! I’m still looking for the perfect pattern.

1 Like

I just started yours @Kwality570 ! So far, all from stash as well. I wanted to get started yesterday, but I had the most silly excuse. The fabric really needed ironing and I really didn’t feel like pulling out the ironing board.

2 Likes

I’m pleased with how it is turning out so far. I’ve been very careful to keep the backside tidy. I have to make a copy of the pattern with a size increase, though.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see which patterns you are stitching! This seems like a pretty simple swap but last time I was amazed how creative everyone got with their patterns.

3 Likes

It’s only from one pattern, just altered a bit.
Wow, only 19 days to go!

2 Likes

I found a cute pattern that I like and will very slightly alter. I’ve gathered all of my supplies and am excited to get started. I knew the beginning of this timeframe would be difficult for me due to work being bonkers, but things are starting to lighten up for me a bit!

2 Likes

I was going to go out and get all the colors I needed for my pattern, but then, inspired by the destash, I realized I don’t have to get the exact numbered DMC colors! I have just about all the colors I need in my stash. It will be a bit trickier to redo the color chart, but, it will also make my piece unique to my lovely (unofficial) partner!

I can’t go out anyway…I hurt my other foot and can’t walk or drive until I see the ortho on Friday!

3 Likes

Oh no, I’m sorry about your foot! I hope you heal quickly :heart: happy stitching in the mean time!

1 Like

That’s no fun when you are in pain, but…
sounds like an excellent excuse to get some crafting accomplished :wink:

1 Like

How is everyone doing??? I hope to be able to send out this weekend.

2 Likes

I ran out of a particular color of thread, so I am going to have to see if I can match it. It was not numbered. It looks like a popular color, so I should be fine. I am about 1/2 done…

3 Likes

I think I’m over halfway. It’s so enjoyable doing a bit of stitching while I’m on the road.

4 Likes

I would say I’m just shy of halfway, but should be 2/3 finished by the end of tonight. If I finish early I may add some embellishments.

4 Likes

I am putting the finishing touches on my piece. I really love it and am thinking of doing another one while I still have my threads out. I am quite proud that I didn’t buy any supplies, using just what I had on hand. It feels so spring like!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see it! Great that you managed to do it all from stash.

I need to get my act together and mail out. I still want to finish one piece, but the main thing I need to do is find the envelopes and go to the post office. I need to go anyway to send my garage sale stuff. I’ve been exhausted a lot recently, and somehow stitching while exhausted really helps, but putting things in an envelope and sending it is a hurdle? I don’t get my brain sometimes.

2 Likes

I think chore-like things go to the back of my brain. I also struggle with completing tasks that seem mundane but are necessary. I don’t mind making the biscuits, but making the gravy to eat with them is a chore to me. Our brains are funny!

I decided that I am going to pack away all of my embroidery items to keep myself from being tempted to stitch when I have so many other knitting and sewing WIPS I would like to finish before we move. I hope to destash a bit more and fit everything into one medium box!

3 Likes

:raising_hand_woman: This is me as well.

I have mail that needs to be sent, but I have one item that just needs to be cleaned a little then packaged. I’ve been telling myself that for about five days now. Perhaps today is the day it will be accomplished.

Still working on mine. I think I’m a slow stitcher.

3 Likes

I finished mine yesterday! Going to pop it into the mail tomorrow!!!

What a fun little swap, even though I chose Aida with the absolute smallest count ever from my stash (without noticing before I started) because it was the prettiest blue color.

Thanks for organizing, @Immaculata

4 Likes