Prairie Schooler Spring / Summer Swap - Sign-ups CLOSED, Send-out April 20

source: www.everythingcrossstitch.com

Welcome to the third round of the Prairie Schooler Swap, the first spring/summer edition!
We are stitching Prairie Schooler patterns related to spring and summer and holidays during those seasons. As far as I know, there are Prairie Schooler patterns related to Easter and patterns related to the Fourth of July. In the western calendar, Easter will be the first week of April this year, so the send-out date is after Easter. Please let us know in your Q when you are interested in receiving anything related to these holidays.

We are swapping ONE MEDIUM item. The images shown above would all count as a medium. Most Prairie Schooler patterns are roughly that size. I know a lot of our members are very generous, extra’s are allowed, but can’t be expected.

Swap items can be sent finished or unfinished in a flat envelope.

You can opt for two swap partners.

Swap name: Prairie Schooler Spring/Summer Swap
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: @Immaculata
Sign-up date range: March 13 to March 18
Send out Date: April 20
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional) no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement? No

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES/NO
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES/NO
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES/NO
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES/NO
Is at least 18 years old: YES/NO

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
If within the US, understands that Tracking number is required for this swap: YES/NO
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Swap questionnaire
Name of Swap: Prairie Schooler Spring/Summer Swap
Username:
Mailing address:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Are you at least 16 years old?
Any allergens in your home (animals or smoke)?
Do you have any allergies?
What are your favorite colors?
What are your least favorite colors?
Is there any theme you prefer?
What are your favourite and least favourite parts of that theme? (for example: yay bunnies, nay, lambs)
Do you want 1 or 2 partners?
Do you want to ship a finished or an unfinished item?
Anything else you’d like your partner to know?

4 Likes

Participants:

@Immaculata :mailbox: @Kwality570
@irid3sc3nt :mailbox: to @jemimah
@jemimah :mailbox: @irid3sc3nt
@Kwality570 :mailbox: @Immaculata

Special participant:
@Immaculata :mailbox: @AIMR in a seperate private swap with the same theme :slight_smile:

:mailbox: = sent
:gift: = received

1 Like

woo! I’m signing up.

1 Like

I’m contemplating…

2 Likes

I may have purchased more Prairie Schooler patterns.
I may also need to keep a list of what I own so I don’t order doubles.

1 Like

I’m going to sign up - I’m going to be away for some of the crafting time, and actually this project will be a good portable travel thing to work on.

2 Likes

I officially signed you guys up, welcome to the swap! @Abbeeroad it would be really cool if you’re able to join us!

2 Likes

I can’t join you guys officially, but I am making something for spring and will participate in spirit!

My stitching supplies are not getting packed until the very last minute!

2 Likes

I’m going to be super busy for a while with work including lots of extra hours, but I’m sure I can get some stitching time in for some R&R.

I just sent in my questionnaire and look forward to getting partners. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I extended the deadline!! So, anyone still in doubt, you’ve got 24 hours left to sign up!

As I’m typing this, it’s 18 March 11.30am in the GMT+1 time zone. I’m extending the deadline until 19 March 12:00pm, so that’s 24 hours from now.

1 Like

Everyone should have their partner’s Q in their inbox. Let me know if I made any mistakes!

1 Like

Yay! I’m excited to start working, but I’m waiting on a pattern to come in the mail. It finally made it to Denver, so maybe it’ll be here tomorrow or Thursday. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yay! I’m looking forward to getting started soon :rabbit2:

4 Likes

I’m having an issue with my cross stitch fabric. It has a crease right down the middle that isn’t coming out with an iron! My MIL suggested I use a damp cloth on it then iron over that to steam it back into place. I thought I wasn’t supposed to get the fabric wet so I haven’t messed with it further. Any suggestions?

3 Likes

Oh no! I’ve had to deal with that at times, it is a bother. I’ve usually sprayed or even completely rinsed it in water, and then ironed the damp fabric to get out creases. Personally, I often wash finished embroideries too, I’ve never had a problem with dyes running, although some reds might need to be tested first. I iron them on the back with a folded towel underneath, so the stitches don’t get crushed.

Was there a label that said this particular fabric shouldn’t be washed? If it’s cotton it should be fine to use steam or water.

3 Likes

I usually buy in pieces from my local shop. I haven’t encountered a problem where a significant crease is right down the middle. I’ll try getting it wet and seeing how it turns out. In the meantime, I found cross stitch fabric in my stash that is larger and will work better.
Now I’ve misplaced the embroidery thread I purchased :face_exhaling:

3 Likes

A lot of cross stitch fabric is lightly starched when you buy it, like quilting fabric. After washing it might be a little less stiff. But unless you’re using special hand dyed or extremely cheap, off-brand fabric in a bright colour I wouldn’t worry about water.

3 Likes

I’m still not home but I’ve been looking through Prairie Schooler patterns online and I think I’ve found what I want to stitch for my partners. And the best thing, I already own those patterns so I can start as soon as I get home. I think I’ve probably got the fabric and thread in stash, too.

Have you guys decided on patterns already?

2 Likes

I have! I have so many patterns that I really want to do!

I am going to gather my threads and get started as soon as I finish my IYP project. I am in the home stretch and then, it will be stitching or knitting since I am packing up all of my sewing fabrics and tools!

2 Likes

I think so? I’m a bit limited with what I can find online here, but there are a few cute options :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes