Prayer Flag Swap Spring 2023 - Sign-ups CLOSED - Send outs July 10

My husband & I have at least assembled the furniture for my studio. I unpacked about 6 boxes, but there were so many I haven’t even touched yet, and I was tripping over things, trying to unpack, so I moved several boxes into an empty closet for now. Then my house guests arrived and studio stuff got put on hold for a week. Everyone is finally gone, and I’ve mostly cleaned up from that, so today I’m attempting to rearrange the furniture a little, to get the space usable, even if everything isn’t unpacked yet. I did find my fabric, and I think I at least saw my thread, so I hope to start on these tomorrow afternoon.

5 Likes

I learned yesterday that I could make the USPS mailing label online without purchasing it online. I didn’t know that was a thing!
Neither did the lady at the post office - she originally charged me nothing because she thought “it has a label, it must be pre-paid”. I pointed out to her that I still needed to pay so we both learned something new yesterday! :slight_smile:

I also learned that my printer ink smears in the rain which is something I hadn’t given any thought to previously.

3 Likes

You can order free clear label holders from their website. They are meant to hold custom forms, but they fit all the printed labels. As long as you only use them for USPS stuff, they are good with it.

3 Likes

Thanks, but I have a lot of labels to use up. I can put clear packing tape over the top which is what the lady at the post office did yesterday.

2 Likes

I’m not sure flag #2 is coming out the way I want it to…good thing we have a long weekend coming up for me to potentially make a back up! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hee is the link to the gallery!

4 Likes

I love it when the gallery appears.

I have gotten as far as designing the flags, I just need to create them now. Long weekend ahead, I can do it!

5 Likes

Our boss gave most of us Monday off as only 20 or so children need care on that day. So a long weekend for me and time to sew and create and get busy!

8 Likes

I got the first post in the gallery this time, check out the great flag I got from @Kwality570!

6 Likes

And I finished mine today. They don’t take long once you get started. I love them and I am not going to send them to anyone…they are mine. All mine.

(hangs head) OK, I know it is a swap. I’ll send soon. Really I will.

8 Likes

Hey, peeps! We are one week away from the July 7th send out deadline. How are we all coming along?

3 Likes

Good here! I’ll be sending asap after the holiday weekend hecticness!

2 Likes

One finished, one still in progress. I hope to send on Wednesday.

2 Likes

Good. I had to get something, if you can believe it.

3 Likes

I haven’t gotten mine finished yet. My craft space got flooded with paperwork reorganization at a crucial moment, so I’m hoping Wed I can dig it out and get them done. Whew!

2 Likes

I’m still working on my flag. Should be done soon.

2 Likes

Mucking about, have plans & some bits crafted. Nothing would ever get done around here if it weren’t for the last minute, but here we are.

3 Likes

Good. One is done, and I feel really good about it. That’s fueling happy thoughts for the next one, even though I have no idea what I’m going to do for that… But cheers for good momentum, and for a functioning craft space!!!

4 Likes

Inspiration struck and I’m forging ahead in flag #2!

3 Likes

Yay for crafting inspiration!

1 Like