Prayer flags for a dear friend

My dear friend and neighbor and her three children moved out of their house this week because she and her husband are getting a divorce. They are temporarily living with relatives until the end of the school year then moving to the other side of the state. She and her kids are like family. I channeled my grief into these prayer flags. I hope she will hang them from the porch of her new home. I’m so proud of her bravery and strength.

18 Likes

These made me cry…such a sad time for you, your friend, and her family…but these are reminders of life continuing…different, challenging, scary, but also hopeful, adventurous, and new!

They are all beautiful but the last one is my favorite…she and you will be on an adventure to make a new relationship and friendship…encourage her to share her new life and all that she will encounter…

2 Likes

You did such a lovely, heartfelt job with these.

2 Likes

These are infused with awesome. I love the scrappiness of brave and adventure. I’m sure these have given your friend a little extra courage for her journey.

1 Like

Wow. I know you said you were channeling grief but these feel so hopeful to me. Beautiful.

1 Like

Making these flags must have been such a cathartic experience. They are beautiful.

3 Likes

These are a wonderful way to honor your friend and to let your grieve. Your friend is indeed brave and beginning her adventure. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They are beautiful, I am sure your friend will love them and that they will bring her much needed comfort during this difficult time

1 Like

Your flags are so pretty and thoughtful, they show that you are a good friend!

Hugs for you and your friend :orange_heart:

1 Like

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I love these!
I, too, hope she hangs them. A constant (until they tatter away) reminder of the love of the person who gifted them.
The words you chose are just right for someone starting a new life under these circumstances, wish I’d had blessings like these when things went pear shaped here!

2 Likes

These are really lovely. The words you chose balance well together. Like a faceted stone, they reflect many sides. :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

These are so bright and beautiful. I know they will lift her spirits.

1 Like

You do such gorgeous work. What a beautiful, thoughtful gift.

1 Like

These will give her such a sense of homecoming when she is finally able to begin rerooting. You are a good egg, my friend.

:heartbeat:

1 Like

Congrats! Your project is one of this week’s featured projects!

1 Like