Prepping with Chronic Ed

Running out of my last two weeks of prepping, so I’m working on my next list…And I think I’ll utilize this as a way of showing what I do to prepare.

First, I don’t have a job, so fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how one looks at it) I’m able to allocate my time, energy, and strength a lot better. It’s still not really any easier, but at least “working” can’t make it worse, HAH!

Alrighty, lets get this under way. For these two weeks I’m going to be lazy. Most of the food will be easy, with a few very very difficult things thrown in.

My shopping list

1. 2 jars of marinara
  2. a block of medium cheddar (Great Value brand is the cheapest and is actually pretty darn good).
  3. salted cream butter (Again Great Value brand, it has a pretty long fridge life, and it’s ok for the price).
  4. 3 15 oz can’s tomato sauce
  5. a stick of pepperoni
  6. velveeta
  7. 2 loafs of bread
  8. red potatoes
  9. 2 medium frozen lazagnas
  10. 2 packages hot dog buns
  11. 2 large cans of chili for the hot dogs.
  12. 5 packages worth of beef hot dogs (Has to be beef as for some odd reason my body hates the other kinds).

What I’ll do with this are as follows, and when I make them depends on how I feel. So my meal prepping involves what I feel like making, heh.

1. Chili dogs (Now I make a fabulous chili, but to hell with that much work. I’m going to use Wolf brand chili).
  2. When I feel up to it and get out my run down mixer, I’ll make several batches of pretzel dough and make pigs in the blankets, and a stromboli (This is one I made 2 years ago.
  3. beef stews.
  4. Spaghetti, or some other kind of pasta.
  5. Frozen lasagnas.
  6. Grilled cheese sandwiches.
  7. And anything else I can think of.

Now since I eat a lot (more than my entire family combined, O_o), this won’t last as long as I’d like, but it will definitely be at least a week and a half. If I’m lucky, two weeks.

[After reading through this…I just don’t like it…Meh, oh well. My brain ain’t all there, so I’m not going to worry about it. I’ll touch it up later…I hope, :disappointed:].

2 Likes

Interesting. DH requires all beef hot dogs as well, since he cannot have processed meats. He varies his grilled cheese by using burrito wraps instead of bread at times.

1 Like

Quick beef stew

1. Handfull of frozen meat
  2. Half a handful of frozen carrots, celery, mushrooms & peas (both together to fill half a handful), greenbeans & corn.
  3. One red potato diced.
  4. 1 Tbls. Better than beef boullion
  5. 1 Tbls. Dried barley.
  6. 2 Tbsp. Worth of sliced onion.

Fry meat in 1 Tbsp butter with 1 Tbsp flour until lightly browned on all sides. Mix in 1+1/2 cups water, then add vegetables, barley, and boullion. Add salt and pepper to taste, and/or a small pinch of sage. Cook til barley is tender. Serve.

This time around I’m going lazy.

1. Chicken nuggets
  2. Tater tots
  3. Blue cheese dressing
  4. Coffee
  5. Coffee
  6. Coffee
  7. Eggs
  8. Pancake mix
  9. Coffee
  10. Pre-cooked sausage
  11. Canned tamales (I make sandwiches out of these)
  12. Little frozen pizzas
  13. Ramen noodle cups
  14. Corn flakes
  15. Bagels
  16. Cream cheese
  17. Tortillas
  18. Hamburger
  19. Canned refried beans.
  20. Hot salsa
  21. Lettuce
  22. Whole wheat crackers
  23. Regular crackers
  24. Coffee
  25. French brioche (makes a heck of a gooooooood bread pudding).
  26. And a partridge in a pear tree.

Prep #3.

1. Meatloaf (80/20 beef, fresh rosemary, egg, ciabatta bread, green onion, sage, salt, and pepper, and catsup).
  2. Lasagna (my pasta sauce recipe with lots of meat, and cottage cheese which I know I’ll hear about when my wife sees it, :dizzy_face:)
  3. Hobo pie (layered ground hamburger, corn, mashed potatoes, and velveeta cheese)
  4. Soups and pot pies (turkey, chicken and bouillabaisses, and herbs and vegetables)
  5. Bacon and cheese tater tots.

This should last for about two weeks, and hopefully I’ll feel up to it, and I’ll freeze some batches for quick meals.