Pressed Daffodil Card

I picked and pressed some wild daffodils from my yard and created this card for someone in the Happy Mail craftalong who loves daffodils, but they don’t grow where they live.

I stamped a pot, glued it on a masterboard (from stash) background, and added fun “bloom where you grow” washi tape.

Thanks for looking!

16 Likes

Sweet!

2 Likes

Such a lovely card for that person! Beautiful!

2 Likes

I thought Daffodils grew everywhere, who knew??? (probably everyone but me)

3 Likes

I also didn’t know that

2 Likes

I also found out today that eating daffodil bulbs are very bad for you. Highly toxic apparently.

Fortunately, not first hand knowledge, my personal trainer knows someone who thought they were onions, cooked them up and ended up in a&e :scream:

2 Likes

Oh no! Yikes!

(I also didn’t know they didn’t grow everywhere.)

1 Like

Glad to hear we’re all learning!!

2 Likes

Very cute! You got such great color still in the pressed petals and the blue really compliments them nicely. I didn’t realize they were wild anywhere - I presumed they were part of that whole Dutch bulb mania associated with tulips and mostly “manmade.” But I did know they didn’t grow everywhere. Don’t most bulb plants have to go through very cold temps?

2 Likes

Such a pretty and extremely thoughtful card! :blossom:

2 Likes

This is a really cool idea.

2 Likes

What a great use of your talents! Lovely card indeed

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone!

1 Like

Very nice! They didn’t grow where I spent most of my life (outside of heavily-tended gardens/nurseries), so it is such a thrill to see them popping up everywhere, independent of human intervention, in my new region! Sure, there were wildflowers where I lived, but daffodils look so…cultivated, and yet they’re out in the woods, the ditches, anywhere and everywhere. Gorgeous. Since the flowers are already dying off around my house, I am glad to see that they look so nice as pressed flowers; I’ll go press a few tomorrow before they wither away.

3 Likes

What a lovely card!!

1 Like

Yes, most bulbs do need a period of cold, which is why they don’t grow naturally in places like where the receiver lives…we don’t get enough cold to grow tulips unless they are put in the fridge around November and then planted in March…a lot of people don’t want to dig them up and do that, so each year, they just plant new bulbs…BUT, every once in a while, nature surprises you…I had one tulip and one hyacinth come up on their own!

2 Likes

Lovely! Pressed flowers are such a nice way to carry spring & summer into the colder seasons.

2 Likes

Very creative and fun. The flowers turned out adorable. Great card and composition.

1 Like

Oh my goodness. It is so pretty!

1 Like