Pretty in Pink

I’ve made the Serged Dream Coat by Stephanie Pokorny before, and once it was finished, my daughter begged me to make her one in pink. Crocheted using Red Heart Super Saver Yarn. Because my daughter is XS and also petite (5 foot) I crocheted the bottom of the coat as directed in the pattern. For the upper portion I went down to a 3.5 mm/E hook. For the button side I added a scalloped edge. Pattern can be found here: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/serged-dream-coat

36 Likes

This is incredible! I’m at a loss for words. This is so cool!

2 Likes

This is beautiful and so is your daughter!

2 Likes

She looks like a beautiful barbie doll! Wonderful project. I’m amazed!

2 Likes

Holy smokes that’s incredible!

2 Likes

What a cute coat! Yes, your model is beautiful and looks like a Barbie doll. And your work is beautiful, too. You did an awesome job adjusting your hook size to make the coat fit better.

2 Likes

Oh my gracious! Definitely a This Rocks item!

1 Like

You never fail to amaze me, great work as always! :yarn:

1 Like

Well this is just fabulous and adorable.

1 Like

Utterly adorable, and beautifully hooked!

1 Like

:open_mouth: That is fabulous!!

1 Like

Wow, that looks great and her. Also looks like a heck of a lot of work, guess she knows how much you love her!

1 Like

Wow, this is lovely! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats! Your Pretty in Pink Coat is one of this week’s featured projects! Yahoo!

1 Like

Thank you!

This is SOOOOOO gorgeous!!

1 Like

wow that is amazing!

1 Like

Sooo cool! The bright pink looks so nice with the other pink and white. It pops and almost looks like a cartoon (that’s a compliment coming from me, I swear). I love it! I’m sure she was delighted with the final product.

1 Like

This looks so fun to wear! Awesome job!

1 Like

The first picture, especially the thumbnail on the home page, really reminds me of some famous painting. Dutch, 18th century, maybe? Vermeer? It’s the shape of the garment and the pose. I just googled around, found something similar but not the right one.

Lovely coat!

1 Like