Prickly Pieces

I received a lovely mug rug with an embroidered little cactus in the center from @jemimah in the Grab Bag Swap. It provided inspiration for me to make something similar with my own little cactus stitching. Then, I received a mini charm from @Abbeeroad in the Scrap Fabric Swap and just couldn’t stop…by year end, I will probably have half a dozen of these prickly pieces! :blush:

All three together. Top right by @jemimah .

27 Likes

These are all adorable! (But is it any surprise I zeroed in on the “catcus” at the bottom?)

3 Likes

Super cute! This is a completely adorable set.

2 Likes

So adorable! Those cacti (and catcti!) designs are so cheery and cute.

2 Likes

You must indeed continue with this theme!

2 Likes

So sweet! They make a beautiful set!

2 Likes

Oh I love these so much! Especially since I contributed some fun fabric! :cat: :cactus:

I want to play with my squares now!

2 Likes

These are so cute! I love the color combinations you chose and that tidy binding!

2 Likes

Thanks…I learned a new trick to make finishing the binding easier!

I used this tutorial.

3 Likes

Her trick about tucking in the binding at the end is genius!

2 Likes

I usually have to do that math thing and sew the ends together…for a quilt, I don’t like having that “hole” left in the binding. For small projects, this is indeed a time saver and much less frustrating when the ends don’t meet! :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

I fold the ends together so they meet, press a crease for reference, unfold and stitch on the crease. But I always seem to struggle to keep the two pieces aligned under the presser foot and the crease is easy to lose track of. This is way easier!

2 Likes

I usually do that diagonal thing…even more room for error! ha

2 Likes

I admire your sewing skills. As everyone else has stated, so precise. The fabrics are so cute too.

1 Like

That’s a great little tute!

1 Like

These are great little mug rugs and that tutorial really worked for you because the binding is amazing!

2 Likes

What a cute little collection!

1 Like

Adorable! The catcus is hysterical!

1 Like

:rotating_light: :mega: :rotating_light: ooOOOooo-gah! oooOOOooo-gah! Your super duper craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Woohoo! :rotating_light: :mega: :rotating_light:

Aw, I especially love the lil catcus. Fun fabrics!

1 Like