Prince Humperdink's To-Do List...Bookmark Style

After stalking @jellybean for the Bookmark Swap I noticed that she likes The Princess Bride. I was instantly all in. It’s one of my favorite books and and favorite movies.

While scrolling Pinterest for ideas I stumbled across an Etsy seller who made TPB clip art and one was a to-do list inspired by this scene: https://youtu.be/tdCzqGe2VvA?si=OGIGSG4rEGNQYl8S

After I stopped giggling, I had my idea: an illuminated manuscript version of Prince Humperdink’s to-do list. The finished piece is 2.5" x 6.5", watercolor with spray acrylic applied as sealer.

I tucked some iconic items from TPB into the illuminated border:
Buttercups
The poison chalice
The black mask
A dueling sword
Buttercup’s tiara
A row of tiny hearts
An open book with Buttercup’s name (sure it’s just a scribble with a B preceding it, but in my heart I know what it is!) to represent the original TPB book

Trying to keep them recognizable but still tiny was a fun challenge.

Initial sketch:

22 Likes

This is so great… and I love all the little details you included!

1 Like

How did you color the teeny-tiny bits?? You must have the tiniest brush!

1 Like

Thank you!

@wittychild, those were my favorite part.

@irid3sc3nt, I have an awesome angled liner brush that lets me do tiny details and handles caligraphy style loops beautifully. I’d buy 10 more of them if I knew where the heck I got it!

5 Likes

I love it so much! :grin:

1 Like

This is so brilliant! I absolutely love it.

1 Like

I do like this a lot

1 Like

Bahahahaaaa! This is great!

1 Like

This is flat out amazeballs.

1 Like

This is amazing

1 Like

So glad you like it, @jellybean!

Thank you @TheMistressT, @geekgirl, @Magpie, @Myrthena, @MistressJennie!

2 Likes

This is a fabulous bookmark. I love the references, the little icons , and the beautiful scrowlling lettering. Your artwork is lovely. It looks as though you snuk into prince humperdick’s room and stole it from his desk.

1 Like

Heee! Thank you, that is the best compliment!

Hilariously awesome!!!

1 Like

Thank you!

:tulip: :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :rainbow: Well, lookie here! Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :tulip: :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :rainbow:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I. LOVE.THIS. Perfect in every way!

It’s fan art from the perfect movie and it references one of my favorite scenes! And all the little Easter eggs on the illumination…. Ack! Truly inspired!

1 Like

Thank you! It was surprisingly fun to make an illuminated border and anything Princess Bride makes me happy.

1 Like