Princess Mononoke Light Box

A local burlesque troupe is doing an anime-themed show in early May and asked for submissions for a fundraiser sale, so I designed and assembled this Princess Mononoke light box for them. It’s my first try with this technique and I was nervous that I wasn’t going to get the perspectives right, so I went fairly simple. But now that I know that I do, in fact, understand the process, I know I can get much more creative with the details.

15 Likes

That’s really cool!

1 Like

I think there is a lot of detail in this already! It is beautiful!

1 Like

Gorgeous! I’ve admired these type of boxes for a long time, and yours is truly amazing, especially for a first try. Great idea for a fundraising donation for this particular event, too.

1 Like

Whoa. You’ve really nailed it, that’s for sure! I love how the various colors give the image totally different vibes.

1 Like

The LED strip lights are pretty slick, with their little remotes. I couldn’t find exactly what I wanted in town, so I ordered some, to arrive tomorrow. But I found little 3ft sets that use USB power at Five Below for $5, and that worked for the test run. The ones I ordered use a battery pack, so the box will be self-contained, but in a pinch the cheap ones are good for impatient project pictures. lol

2 Likes

Almost too much detail for my Cameo at certain spots. And this design does include some intermediate layers of velum to give the Kodama the look of sitting on the branches without losing the detail between those branches. I didn’t see that in any of the tutorials I watched, so I just had to wing it and hope my brain knew what it was doing. I was SUPER glad it worked. Lol

2 Likes

This is fantastic!

1 Like

Oh I love this! So much depth in the layers and the colors enhance the effect!

1 Like

LOVE this! I think these are so cool. I am sure it will get snatched up quickly in the sale.

2 Likes

This is so beautiful!

1 Like

Beautiful job! You winged it very well, indeed!