Princess Wallet

This was my first test wallet, the vinyl is too soft/stretchy and I think will rip over time so I had to remake this in the mickey heads vinyl. Any ideas how to make vinyl firmer? Anyway it looks cute, I might take it for myself since I don’t want to sell a faulty product. Maybe brushing some glue inside will help🤷‍♀️

8 Likes

Whoa! Nice job!

1 Like

Did you use a leather needle on your machine? I have used soft vinyl for a few years making bags with few issues…is your vinyl backed with a mesh? It is very lovely and looks well made!

1 Like

Thank you
The problem isnt the sewing, it’s the space between the card holders, its only about 1cm wide and I think with a bunch of cards and a full wallet it will stretch the vinyl. It is backed with fabric but it’s too thin to help. That’s why I thought maybe using glue on the fabric. In the future I might try interfacing as well if I can get it to stick without melting the vinyl

1 Like

ahhh…yes, I can see that…I looked at my leather wallet and see that those slots are done with leather on both sides and stitched…I imagine it would be very thick to sew…I do like the pattern and think it would be great in fabric…

1 Like

Something that actually adheres the fabric to the vinyl (glue or stitch witchery if your vinyl is up to it) ought to help.

1 Like

It’s a shame that you don’t think it will hold up, that vinyl is adorable.

1 Like