Privacy Screen/Room Divider made out of repurposed closet doors

My husband and I usually make each other’s birthday presents every year, which can sometimes be challenging when a project takes several weeks or months. A few years ago, I made a room divider out of cardboard and sheets but after a few times of toting it up and down the stairs, it didn’t hold up. This time I used closet doors, contact paper and a few hinges. Total spent was less than $40!

28 Likes

How cool! I have always dreamed of a room divider :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Me too but they’ve always been so pricey!

1 Like

I could really use one of these for the basement to block the kitty potties.

1 Like

What a great reuse of old bifold doors!

2 Likes

Clever idea, and a unique birthday gift!

1 Like

Oh this wasn’t his gift, it was so I can work on his birthday gift!

6 Likes

:joy:
Oh, I see! Sorry, must have mis-read that…

1 Like

Very clever! I love the neutral look of this, too.

1 Like

I am in love with this contact paper! I used it on my computer desk and inside the drawers of a little printer table I painted.

1 Like

It looks great and would be completely functional, which I love in a craft! Adore that paper too.

2 Likes

:zap::rotating_light: Wee-ooo! Wee-ooo! Congratulations! Your terrific craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :rotating_light: :zap:

1 Like

What about some old shutters from a Habitat for Humanity store??? Could work about the same?

1 Like

Probably! I considered shudders until I found the doors cheaper.

1 Like

Oh no. That was for the person that was looking to block the litter box.

I bet you could find some bi-fold doors on your local Buy Nothing group or similar…

I’m going to look!

Dang, this person wants $100 for unfinished wood ones!

What a great idea! That contact paper does a good job of dressing this up. I love the idea of making each other gifts! What kind of gifts have you guys made in the past? Can you share what you’re making him this year? Is it something that’s going to take a good deal of time?

I found mine on Facebook marketplace.

1 Like

We’ve been doing this for a long time! He has made me several board games rethemed to something else that I love like a Fallout version of Ticket to Ride, a Persona version of Stratego, a Twin Peaks version of Mr. Jack in New York, and several more. He has also made me a lamp, a snowglobe, a jewelry box.

This year I am making him a Smashing Pumpkins lighted shadowbox. In the past I have painted him custom Switch controllers, end tables, crocheted a Smashing Pumpkins flag afghan, made various wall art - painted, decoupage, cross stitched.

2 Likes