Quarantine Quilt Along Top

I made the Gudrun’s quarantine quilt that she had the sew along for yesterday. I did finish it last night but didn’t get a picture then. This was about 20 fat quarters (had some weird cutting for a little bit of it). The pattern was pretty easy once you have the angles figured out.

Yellow isn’t usually my first choice of color but I love bees and my bee fabric was yellow! So it was a little different color-wise. Now I need to find a backing and then it can get quilted!

19 Likes

Such an interesting pattern.

2 Likes

amazing! You did that in 1 day???

3 Likes

Thank you! The pattern is elevira I believe off of the GE designs website. Gudrun ran the sew along and I believe it’s her pattern.

@Lynx I like the modernness of it. But it is a kinda funky pattern so it can be a hit or miss for some.

@bethntim I promise it’s much easier than it looks once you have the angle down! I used a 60 degree triangle ruler and a regular square ruler.

1 Like

That is so pretty! I love those colors together.

2 Likes

Thank you! Yellow/golds aren’t usually my first color grab :joy: I’m more of blues, greens, and purples. But I love bees so I had to have the fabric and I like the fabrics I picked to work in.

2 Likes

Beautifully done! I love your cheerful bee fabrics. I went and downloaded the pattern too, for future crafting fun.

2 Likes

Thank you! I thought it was a fun and quick quilt to do. I did the lap size and it’s pretty big.

1 Like

I love this! Great modern feel… and my Hufflepuff colors, as well. Nice!

2 Likes

I did like the modern feel as well. And yes all the hufflepuff colors! I might be a slytherin but they are my next favorite house.

2 Likes

The bees! This is marvelous.

2 Likes

Thank you! I love bees so I had to have it.

1 Like

Such a striking pattern, and I love your fabric choices!

1 Like

Thank you! I had picked up a bunch of the bee fabrics and this seemed like the perfect time to use them.

Love the pattern. Very interesting design. Looks like you did a fantastic job of it.

1 Like

Thank you! I had a lot of fun putting it together!

I love Gundrun! but i had no idea she also worked with quilts?! i mean, clearly, i don’t love her enough! how do i not know?

and this design is AMAZZZZING. your color choices are just wonderful. love love love. have you decided on a color for the flip side?

i will go and check for her blog!

1 Like

Thank you! Because it is a big sized quilt (finished 63” by 85”) I was considering a minky or fireside but the colors I liked were still only 60” wide and I’m not gunna piece minky. So I found a nice medium grey flannel for the backing. Haven’t figured out a binding yet.

Minky is so soft! i get your temptation!!

I don’t know the right words for it, but i really appreciate the current trend to do a wide rectangle on the back, and then fill in with an alternate color ? i’ve mainly seen these in blocked colors. dreamy!

can’t wait to see what you decide! i love GREY! DO IT!!

1 Like

I agree color blocked backs can be very fun. Also a good way to use up extra blocks.

1 Like