Queen Bee Box

I made another box! I bought another one of those plain boxes from the craft store. I removed the fixtures, stained it with purple wood stain, screwed on awesome fixtures I bought, placed green fabric and felt in the interior and, finally, pulled out the wood burning kit and hand burned the queen bee on top!

36 Likes

What a beautiful treasure box…just love the color…and the green inside is perfect with the purple…

I love that the stain still shows off the wood.

2 Likes

I found colored wood stain. I love color but I hate using regular paint over wood and losing the grain.

2 Likes

So royal-looking! Perfect for a queen bee!

3 Likes

This is gorgeous

1 Like

Just beautiful!

1 Like

Gorgeous!

I stain with watered down craft paint. Raises the grain, but I can live with that.

2 Likes

Me too, you can do so much with regular latex or acrylic paint

2 Likes

So pretty! You’ve done a good job! It seems perfect to store jewelry.
I definitely have to try wood burning - bought a kit last year but haven’t tried it yet.

1 Like

So beautiful! I love the color, love the bee. It’s just perfect!

1 Like

This is gorgeous! Those new fixtures are so cool, and the purple is so pretty! I love the bee, too!

1 Like

It turned out so beautiful. You did such an amazing job.

1 Like

Never heard of tinted wood stain! The combo of purple and that lush green are perfection

1 Like

I love the color of this. Purple is regal looking on goes with the bee. Nicely done.

2 Likes

It looks completely different! What an awesome transformation!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Queen Bee Box is one of this week’s featured projects. You are AWESOME!

2 Likes

The green with the purple is inspired! And the LEGS!!! YASSS

1 Like

Congrats on the feature!

1 Like

I love it! That bee turned out great! :heart:

1 Like

this is lovely! it almost looks embroidered on the wood :slight_smile:

1 Like