Quetzalcoatlus- a family ATC

When my youngest was really little, he was a self-styled dinosaur expert. And he really did know a TON about dinosaurs! I think he could spell diplodocus before he could spell his own name! This card depicts one of his favorites.

I went with bright colors since the current theory is that dinosaurs may have been brightly colored, like birds often are.

15 Likes

Oh I absolutely ADORE this! Quetzalcoatlus are my favorite! I didn’t know about them as a child, unfortunately (I’m not sure if they had even found one yet :rofl:) but are certainly my favorite now. I think as a kid it was stegosaurus. :thinking:
I love the bright colors and it’s a really cute ATC!

4 Likes

I don’t think they’d been invented yet when I was a kid.

4 Likes

Thanks, guys! Yeah, this one and spinosaurus were the big winners for him!

Oooo! This guy’s FANCY! I love the bright colors and how they contrast with the more muted trees and the paper.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Love the graphic layout of this card, with the name tracing the shape of its neck. The colors are wonderful, too. Very cool!

1 Like

Love this! YOu did great with the blending of colors and bold design.

1 Like

Thank you!! :hugs:

Lol invented?

2 Likes

Wow! beautiful shading and stylised design!

1 Like

Ooh! One of my favorite ancient critters. Funny thing, in my early 20’s I used to draw them with their wings stretched above their heads with a dimensional diamond floating above their head. Had always wanted to draw a full sized one in a room with its wings spread around along the walls and it’s head going up the ceiling. Who am I kidding, I still want to do that, Hah!

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks, guys!

How fun!

1 Like

Thank you! I hope he likes it… he won’t get it until his bday next month.

SAME! however I’m taking more interest in notosaurus and raptors

Lol I could’ve seen it the whole time too?

Funny enough I still got it! In fact I’ve taken even more interest I think but not just in dinosaurs, pretty much all ancient creatures that are lost to us seemingly forever until the guy doing experiments on chicken embryos actually makes the velociraptor he’s saying we’ll have in like 4-5 years