Quetzalcoatlus- a family ATC

When my youngest was really little, he was a self-styled dinosaur expert. And he really did know a TON about dinosaurs! I think he could spell diplodocus before he could spell his own name! This card depicts one of his favorites.

I went with bright colors since the current theory is that dinosaurs may have been brightly colored, like birds often are.

15 Likes

Oh I absolutely ADORE this! Quetzalcoatlus are my favorite! I didn’t know about them as a child, unfortunately (I’m not sure if they had even found one yet :rofl:) but are certainly my favorite now. I think as a kid it was stegosaurus. :thinking:
I love the bright colors and it’s a really cute ATC!

4 Likes

I don’t think they’d been invented yet when I was a kid.

4 Likes

Thanks, guys! Yeah, this one and spinosaurus were the big winners for him!

Oooo! This guy’s FANCY! I love the bright colors and how they contrast with the more muted trees and the paper.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Love the graphic layout of this card, with the name tracing the shape of its neck. The colors are wonderful, too. Very cool!

1 Like

Love this! YOu did great with the blending of colors and bold design.

1 Like

Thank you!! :hugs:

Lol invented?

2 Likes

Wow! beautiful shading and stylised design!

1 Like

Ooh! One of my favorite ancient critters. Funny thing, in my early 20’s I used to draw them with their wings stretched above their heads with a dimensional diamond floating above their head. Had always wanted to draw a full sized one in a room with its wings spread around along the walls and it’s head going up the ceiling. Who am I kidding, I still want to do that, Hah!

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks, guys!

How fun!

1 Like

Thank you! I hope he likes it… he won’t get it until his bday next month.