Quick pumpkin and bat Halloween window decorations - Halloween Decor Entry 2022

I needed to make something quickly for Halloween, well, needed might be wrong, wanted is more correctly :stuck_out_tongue:

It had to be easy, cheap and quick. This project took less than a movie to finish. I loved the window from a pinterest post and recreated it. Using cheap A3 watercolour paper (because it’s thicker) I shaped and cut out the pumpkins and bats, then glued them to my window using a glue stick, because it’s what was accessible at the moment. With some fake spiderweb and pumpkin lights the window was complete.

Halloween isn’t as huge here in Norway, but it’s getting larger, the window was more than enough for my neighbourhood XD Did get a lot of kids at least, I could hear them compliment my window before knocking on my door :smiley:

24 Likes

Great rapid Halloween decor! Must have been fun to overhear the comments, too.

2 Likes

Fun window and I am glad you had a lot of kids to enjoy it. Your pumpkins are very cool!

2 Likes

This is a great last minute decorating project! Your red curtains are also a perfect backdrop!

1 Like

Thank you all!

@Bunny1kenobi my red curtains do fit Halloween! They are actually my Christmas curtains which I haven’t taken down because I didn’t have other curtains I liked, better to keep the ones I like instead of hang up something that annoys me :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Can’t argue with that! Perfect logic as far as I’m concerned!

1 Like

You cut all those out by hand? Fantastic! What a nice scene to greet the kids!

You’ve given me an idea of what I can do to dress up my windows for Christmas…the snowflakes I had for my old house are way too big for the smaller windows in my current house…I might need to go get some red curtains as well!

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This turned out great! You should enter it in the Challenge!

2 Likes

@AIMR I’m so glad I gave you an idea for Christmas, and red curtains are really pretty, these are red velvet curtains, the higher kind of velvet quality so they feel really nice. Good luck

@TheMistressT oh I didn’t know about that challenge, only the costume one :smiley: Thank you!

3 Likes

Wow, so very cool!

1 Like

That looks great! Way to make something terrific out of what there is available. I think the pale shapes on a bright background stand out very well. Good job!

1 Like