Quilt-along 2021

Oh that’s so sweet. Love this community.

Although that means I need to crack on with some quilting!!

1 Like

ha ha whatever it takes to get people motivated…lol

2 Likes

OOO, Pretty:

6 Likes

Wow…that is a pretty star…I collect star patterns…and I have a bunch of Kaffe Fasset fabrics left over…I’ll have to give it a try!

Oh, I love that so much!! I might have to tackle that.

1 Like

Now that it’s been received I can share my paper pieced wall hanging with my fellow quilty people!

It’s a representation of @marionberries’s house for the Make a Friend Swap.

My full project post is here.

11 Likes

And my new bestie @Whistlefish received a table runner and a little pincushion from leftovers in the mini make a friend swap.

Her pick of blue and gray was perfect as I love those colors too and have just a bit of navy and gray to choose from (a bit is so not true). I was able to practice making 8 HST and those little quarter square ones too. With leftovers for a pincushions

12 Likes

Yes, I love it! And now I have to actually clean the area it’s intended for. :joy:

1 Like

Ooh that runner is so pretty

1 Like

I’ve never heard of numbered pins either!

I’ve used Alphabitties but they don’t attach to your fabric and I lose them.

2 Likes

I usually use scraps of paper and pins.

lol I have something I want to send out to you when it gets here…I’ll include a set…seriously, I am addicted to buying supplies in bulk…

@Lynx…I have done that as well…whatever it takes to get it done! Plus, I have so many wips that I need multiples…I am sure when I get done, I will have a huge bin of pins as well…I just buy more…

3 Likes

I was going to edit my post to say I wasn’t asking you to send me some, just commenting, but you posted before I could modify it.

You’re such a sweetie!

2 Likes

Everyone knows I am destashing! You guys are helping me!

3 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

Me three :blush:

1 Like

I always just used a sharpie on my flat head pins. I did not know there was an actual thing either

1 Like

I have the writeable flat ones as well…Obviously anything works and people like doing it the way they have been doing it…I am one of those that likes to try all the new gadgets and gizmos…which is why I probably have a bunch of old tablets, computers and phones in boxes…and tv’s…I am FB’s favorite customer…lol…I buy all the things they put in my feed…lol

2 Likes

:sparkles: :blue_heart: :sparkles: :scissors: :sparkles: :thread: Hey Quilty Friends! I’m thinking of proposing a Quilt Block Swap for the upcoming round 6 swaps. I’m thinking about the requirements, and wondering what you all might like to see.

Would you like to swap with just 1 partner, making them a few of their requested blocks? Or in a small group of 3-5, so you’d be crafting for multiple people, and you’d receive blocks back from all of them?

What do you think of the requirement that you make & post an example of the block you’re asking for, so partners can get a sense of the style you’re going for? (This would be to hopefully help avoid getting back blocks that don’t fit in with the quilt you’re trying to make.)

Would you guys like to pick just 1 block to have partners make? Or would you like to pick 2-3, of various difficulty levels, so people can craft the one they are comfortable making?

How much crafting time would you like? (Especially in relation to crafting for one person, or a small group.)

I want to know all your thoughts! :thread: :sparkles: :scissors: :sparkles: :blue_heart: :sparkles:

I like having a choice of blocks to make for a person. I also like a small group of 3-5.

For mailing purposes, especially if there is an international partner, it makes sense to include whatever the weight limit might be…for example, sometimes it costs the same price within a range…if you send one, it could cost the same as three…but that fourth one will send you over the top!

I have done one block folded into the card and managed to send it without customs or excessive postage.