Quilt-along 2021

What a beautiful labor of love!

1 Like

Your DS’s quilt is so vibrant and pretty! I love how it’s turned out!

1 Like

I, mcadwell, offer my Mona Lisa Quilt for my large challenge entry.

I was told I should enter my quilt here but, I’ve not entered before, so hopefully I’m doing this right. If not, please let me know.

This is a panel throw quilt using bamboo batting so it is lightweight and usable for summer in northern climes (where I live). Not to mention the background shows summer in Italy where the Mona Lisa was located.
It has areas of trapunto in the frame, sleeves and neckline area of the bodice.
It is machine and hand stitched. It took well over 20 hours just in hand stitching alone.
It’s based on a pattern but is not a kit and I did not follow the pattern 100%.

12 Likes

Beautiful quilting. You added so much to this masterpiece.

I haven’t started on my August block. Too much summer! But I did finally select the fabrics…at least the first round. If the power stays on, (Henri is coming Sunday night) maybe I’ll sew during the torrential rains.

2 Likes

I hope you don’t lose electricity. I have rheumatoid arthritis and can’t deal with the heat or cold anymore so pretty much have to stay indoors all the time. Hope the rest of your summer is great!!

1 Like

This is really gorgeous! I’ve only ever seen or heard of trapunto one other time when @endymion made me an amazing Ruth Bader Ginsburg hoop ornament. She’s busy moving, but I’m tagging her so when she pops on, hopefully she’ll be able to see your work!

Thanks for sharing it on our quiltalong! I’ve added your points to the tally.

FYI for everyone!: You are welcome to share your works in progress here and you don’t need to feel like you need to submit projects to join in our craftalong group!

I still haven’t taken my sewing machine out in ages. I’m going to have to or it’ll think we’ve broken up!

4 Likes

That Ruth Bader Ginsburg ornament is FANTASTIC! She even did the glasses. Wow! Thank you for sharing the link to it. I’ve not seen anything like it.

3 Likes

It really is amazing!

1 Like

I love the science fabric in this block!

And, I have been very absent. I really thought I would get all caught up this summer, but my brain was about as turned off as it could be. Of course, not that school is about to start, I’m itching to craft again… this fits my lifelong pattern of procrastination most admirably :laughing:

5 Likes

I know @craftADDchick , procrastinate until there is no time…but now you want to craft. True crafter.

I marionberries , offer Patch Gardening for August’s prompt

The center is a little square that was in a batch of donated fabric along with more cut pieces. Someone’s UFO. So I added some prepared garden beds to complete a nine in nine patch.

-I marionberries submit this as my August BOM entry.

This came together quickly and easily…must be learning something.

10 Likes

Ooh the 9 in 9 center in the 9 square is fun, like putting a wonky star in the middle of a wonky star. Very fun!

I really like the colors you picked for your BOM!

1 Like

Hi all! August is coming to an end and we are starting Sept! The end of Sept will bring our next drawing, so get your quiltin’ on! (That one’s for me! I’ve been strangers with my sewing machine!)

I’m going to share September’s Prompt now so I don’t forget to, but please don’t post anything for September until tomorrow!

With no more delay, the prompt is : back to _____. What are you getting back into? Back to school? Back to that book you laid down, back to Christmas crafting, back to that UFO, back to basics…however you interpret it!

2 Likes

I’ve been mostly a stranger to my machine too. And I’m going back to work tomorrow, so I’ll put my quilty thinking cap on

1 Like

Here’s what I have in the works -

I’m working on cutting my mystery quilt fabric. We get our next clue this Thursday and I want to be ready for it! I definitely prefer having all my fabric cut and ready to go when starting a quilt!

I currently have two quilts ready to go to the longarm quilter, just as soon as she texts me back. I’m very eager to have them quilted!

I’m hoping to finish up a Christmas quilt that I started earlier this year in order to get it quilted soon as well. Also, I recently celebrated my birthday and my husband got me the Kimberbell Candy Corn Quilt Shoppe kit. I’m really looking forward to getting started on it. I’ve never done a Kimberbell project before and felt like I needed more info than the instruction booklet provides. Thankfully, I found a YouTube quilt along video series that looks very promising in guiding me along the way! Has anyone here done any of the Kimberbell projects?

1 Like

Your Mona Lisa quilt is a masterpiece! I love the trapunto and all the hand stitched details!

@marionberries, do you think your top block qualifies as a 9-patch or an 18-patch? :thinking:

1 Like

Oh no, now I’m wondering…

1 Like

I, AIMR, submit this block as my August BOM…

I love this block and am going to do a few more to add to this color scheme…I don’t have a lot of fabric left but I think I will be able to finish the year with at least twelve of blocks…with sashing, I can get a nice size quilt.

11 Likes

@AIMR I love the fabrics. Very striking. A whole quilt would be lovely in this color scheme.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

You made it just in time! Yahoo! I love the color scheme!