Quilt-along 2021

@Lynx & @AudiobookLover: I used my magic Mod powers to edit the link for this month’s BOM. The link posted wasn’t working, and when I googled the block again, I found a better set of directions for the classic 12" block, so I put that in it’s place. Just in case you’re wondering why LC is showing you that I edited your post.

To everyone else: At the same time I also found the original link, which contains options for a 6", 7.5" or 12" block, and uses paper templates to make the Flying Geese segments. The reason I swapped for the new directions, is that it’s more straightforward. No need to print out any templates for such a basic quilt block segment. But I thought folks who are interested in eventually learning paper piecing, might like it as a mini-introduction, so I added it in parenthesis after the main link above. (Especially since December’s BOM is paper pieced.) Also, I know some of you like @Abbeeroad have been making smaller blocks over the year, and might not want to do the math yourselves.

6 Likes

Thank you @MistressJennie, I appreciate you not only fixing it, but updating to an easier tutorial!

5 Likes

Same, thank you @MistressJennie!

3 Likes

Yes! I have fallen way behind. Now I have no excuse not to do this month’s block. :laughing:

4 Likes

I have fallen behind as well but plan on getting back on track for the October and November blocks!

I am ready to settle down and stay home for a while…although, I have to plan another trip before December or else I lose my airline credits…

2 Likes

I’m finally done with the colorwash quilt!

16 Likes

Amazing work!

1 Like

It is such a happy quilt!

I am in a quilting slump… :disappointed:

2 Likes

Oh, no! I have the opposite problem…too many projects in my head and not nearly enough time for them all.

2 Likes

Definitely same. And I STILL haven’t made my BIL a quilt. Maybe next year…he bought a house this year (but has yet to move in) so maybe it will be a housewarming gift…eventually!

4 Likes

OOO my pretty, I want.

3 Likes

Oohh that is just gorgeous. I love everything about it.

I’m hoping to do some piecing tomorrow. First time in ages.

1 Like

Thank you!

That is beautiful!!

1 Like

That is super cool!

1 Like

Thank you!

I got started on this month’s BOM. I’m doing 9 inch blocks and the conversions are tricky with my dyslexic brain. I have to trim the flying geese to the correct size and then I can finish. I like this block.

8 Likes

-I marionberries submit this as my Nov BOM entry.

And the finished square. I finished last weekend but house cleaning and Thanksgiving prep kept me busy… :crazy_face:. But actually it was making the Teeny T-Rex for my granddaughter.

9 Likes

And just for fun, here’s "Bare Branches ". It turned cold here in Connecticut and most the leaves are gone to nourish the soil.

12 Likes

@marionberries, that Bare Branches block is LOVELY! So simple, but also you know exactly what it is. Your fabric choices are awesome.

I was all set to start my BOM, but I got distracted by another pattern. Trying to make 4 of this block today:

I’m trying to do 2 with the ribbon/knot in green, and 2 with it in red, then turn them into placemats. Only problem is just how many pieces are in each block. Each one takes 32 1.75" cream squares! I got the 2 green knot blocks cut last night. About to start cutting the red blocks. I figure once I’m on a roll cutting and stitching, I’ll figure out what to do about the Sukie’s Choice block. (Ie, what colors to cut it out of, and what I want to do with it. Either add it to my pile of black/rainbow blocks, my pile of Halloween blocks, or if I want to make something for Christmas with it.)

5 Likes