Quilt-along 2021

@Oooh and who might that be?

I love your economy bock, itā€™s really cute. I got a fill-a-yard from spoonflower today, so I think Iā€™ll make a couple too. There are some really nice pieces to fussy cut.

And I finally decided to stop faffing and making do with rulers in a different measuring system (or none at all-homemade) I found these on Amazon UK and actually they werenā€™t too expensive. They arrived today. :grin::grin:

6 Likes

Just one block for a wall hanging.

Thanks! Itā€™s not paper pieced though.

2 Likes

I made some economy blocks today. Spoonflower fabric for the centres. These were a joy to make :grin:.

And O.M.G having the proper ruler a 6.5" ruler to trim a block to 6.5" my next purchase will be a rotating cutting mat-then as we say here, Iā€™ll be on the pigs back.

10 Likes

Well knock me over with a feather. Very cool however you manage this beauty!

1 Like

@Whistlefish, really like the little pillow you created with the heart BOM (and apparently, so did your 3 year old :blush:).

@MistressJennie, I too like your choice of different fabric for the inside of your heart block. The blues against the black give it a tranquil feel. Thank you for sharing the links to the quilt block swap. It looks like it was a really fun swap!

@marionberries, yet another cozy looking quilt! I havenā€™t quilted with flannel yet, but it seems like it would be warm and comforting!

@Cindy, I like the variety of pinks in your flamingo!

@AIMR, Iā€™m looking forward to making that block. I like how your the directionality of your background fabric.

@Edel, what a fun way to use the fill a block yardage!

1 Like

I, Abbeeroad, hereby submit my February BOM:

This one was a little tricky to downsize. Thank goodness Mr. Road thinks math is fun.

15 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Oh Abbeeroad, that block is SO YOU!

1 Like

Hahaā€¦funnily enough my daughter has decided itā€™s SO HERS. I made it into a little quilted ornament for her and itā€™s hanging in her room. Iā€™ll probably have to make a second one for her sister. :laughing:

5 Likes

Itā€™s so cute!! I love the heart fabric!

1 Like

I like your dark background fabric! Nice job downsizing!

1 Like

Oh my goodnessā€¦ isnā€™t that just the cutest? Yes, it is!

Iā€™m amazed at how many of Febā€™s BOM have been submitted so far!

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! February just arrived yesterday, but it brought multiple blocks along with it! I love seeing all the different variations!

1 Like

I think a lot of us love hearts!

1 Like

I, marionberries , hereby submit my February BOM

I sized to a 9 inch block and I am going to have sashing in between. But I calculated the HST wrong. And I had used the last scrap of one of the fabrics. So I scrounged and found another scrap to use. Redo the heart. Add the sides and done.

And I modified the mistake blockā€¦now itā€™s actually matches the pattern better! I like them both, happy hearts.

10 Likes

nice saveā€¦I like the floral design with the dots!

1 Like

I am also amazed at how many February BOM are already done! Itā€™s only the second, people! Youā€™re all so fast! XD And they all look great, too, and so drastically different with the different patterns/colors. :slight_smile:

That being said, Iā€™m really not much of a heart person myself, so I think Iā€™ll try the economy block or something for myself this month. It wonā€™t be a BOM but it will go with my first block so I can try to make a whole quilt with the yearā€™s BOMs! :slight_smile: I think I need more greens and purplesā€¦

3 Likes

Wow. These blocks are amazingā€¦I feel overwhelmed by all of your precision.
But I love looking at pretty things. So thanks for all the inspo.

3 Likes

I, poetrylover828 , hereby submit my February BOM

I had fun making this block. But I did modify the bottom point by making a flying goose block rather than the half square triangles. My mom I think got the clock fabric in a swap or maybe while shopping. I just know that I snatched it up and saved it for something fun.

7 Likes

Question: How much will it affect my quilt if I throw in a few pieces of random fabric from my stash that is definitely NOT quilting cotton?

1 Like