Quilt-along 2021

I miss seeing her around, she is a hoot!

She posted a few beauties here.

1 Like

I marionberries offer Freakin’ Flannel Coziness for my medium challenge entry.

I finished this lovely warm flannel lap quilt over the weekend, sandwiching, quilting, binding, and a trip through the washer and dryer. I am getting faster as I pick up tiny tricks here and there. And I think these are the best corners ever! I rounded the corner point after I added the binding and before I hand stitched it down. Maybe took a scant quarter inch off the point. Made the binding corners nice and sharp. It was immediately snatched up and wrapped around my DW with kittens on top. Whew!

16 Likes

It was so cool to recognize your own fabrics in her quilts…I miss her as well!

@marionberries I am loving your flannel quilts!

That is so gorgeous. So gorgeous. I think I would cry if I ever received such a beautiful quilt. The colours are rich & luxurious & I bet it’s soft as anything. Like a warm hug for your DW every time she wraps up in it.

3 Likes

@marionberries, the quilt is just wonderful! It looks so cozy! Your DW is very lucky—as are the kittens!

image Did some late night sewing

13 Likes

Ah @Cindy I love it!!! Are you planning on making the full quilt?

@marionberries that is just so gorgeous, I love it.

And re @sloth003 I miss her too. And btw, my quilt completion speed is nothing on hers. I seem to remember her making 4 quilts in a week at one point.

3 Likes

Isn’t paper piecing amazing, as is this! I love the pinks and that beak. Beautiful!

That is actually an Elizabeth Hartman pattern…no paper piecing, just various pieces sewn together…she has all sorts of animals she does this way…I have a koala and an alligator…There is another quilter I follow that does free blocks each month and nothing is paper pieced…she does all sorts of themes from fruit to owls!

3 Likes

Since I nominated it, I figured I better do a few test blocks! Love this simple but colorful block…I made it 6x6 to go with my sawtooth star blocks…

20210202_090419

10 Likes

@Oooh and who might that be?

I love your economy bock, it’s really cute. I got a fill-a-yard from spoonflower today, so I think I’ll make a couple too. There are some really nice pieces to fussy cut.

And I finally decided to stop faffing and making do with rulers in a different measuring system (or none at all-homemade) I found these on Amazon UK and actually they weren’t too expensive. They arrived today. :grin::grin:

6 Likes

Just one block for a wall hanging.

Thanks! It’s not paper pieced though.

2 Likes

I made some economy blocks today. Spoonflower fabric for the centres. These were a joy to make :grin:.

And O.M.G having the proper ruler a 6.5" ruler to trim a block to 6.5" my next purchase will be a rotating cutting mat-then as we say here, I’ll be on the pigs back.

10 Likes

Well knock me over with a feather. Very cool however you manage this beauty!

1 Like

@Whistlefish, really like the little pillow you created with the heart BOM (and apparently, so did your 3 year old :blush:).

@MistressJennie, I too like your choice of different fabric for the inside of your heart block. The blues against the black give it a tranquil feel. Thank you for sharing the links to the quilt block swap. It looks like it was a really fun swap!

@marionberries, yet another cozy looking quilt! I haven’t quilted with flannel yet, but it seems like it would be warm and comforting!

@Cindy, I like the variety of pinks in your flamingo!

@AIMR, I’m looking forward to making that block. I like how your the directionality of your background fabric.

@Edel, what a fun way to use the fill a block yardage!

1 Like

I, Abbeeroad, hereby submit my February BOM:

This one was a little tricky to downsize. Thank goodness Mr. Road thinks math is fun.

15 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Oh Abbeeroad, that block is SO YOU!

1 Like

Haha…funnily enough my daughter has decided it’s SO HERS. I made it into a little quilted ornament for her and it’s hanging in her room. I’ll probably have to make a second one for her sister. :laughing:

5 Likes

It’s so cute!! I love the heart fabric!

1 Like