Quilt-along 2021

:heart: :heart: :heart: and in case you missed it :heart:

Sorry, not sorry, geese. (I really wanted a goose emoji.)

2 Likes

Beautiful colors and a great addition!

1 Like

I would love to give it a try! I’ll nominate it!

Beautiful results, Jennie!

4 Likes

Woohoo!!! Yay! The All Hallows block has been nominated for October–my birthday month, to boot! :slight_smile: Thanks Abbee.

5 Likes

Oh! A perfectly named block for Oct!

2 Likes

I, Lynx nominate this for my Feb BOM!

The strawberry fabric was left over from a strawberry instagram swap as was the pink.

The blue was used as a liner for a bag for our principal who retired last year.

My 2 blocks together. Different sizes, so they sashing wil occur.

Fun fact: Even though I had the first block out, I was surprised that I used the pink fabric in both. Haha.

10 Likes

This is a speedy and motivated group…maybe we should do two blocks a month! I am making blocks for the other months so then do we need to do two to submit them? ha ha I know I can’t wait that long to show them off…I am going to do the October block in February…

How am I going to know if you work ahead if you don’t show them early? So, if you work early, but can keep a secret, then I guess you found a loophole…? But, since we are all working one a month, you can’t submit for tickets unless it is the month we are currently in.

2 Likes

Oooh, I love the strawberry heart block! The deep blue is such a good foil for the strawberries and the pink. It really makes the heart pop, and the pink corners sing.

1 Like

Just saying that we all are so motivated that we will probably have enough blocks for a quilt by June at this rate…ha ha…

love the happy accident of using the same pink in each block! The strawberry heart is really sweet!

2 Likes

This is soooooooo pretty! I second L2L that it’d be a beautiful BOM :slight_smile:

1 Like

My current project - drawer liners (though a few of you did cause me to reconsider :laughing:). I used this project to try out my stitch in the ditch foot

and found that the guide in the middle tended to get pushed to the side causing my stitches to jump the ditch. I switched to my regular foot and was able to get much better lines. I’m glad I opted for the decorative leaf stitches, I love the way they look! I just need to cut this down for two drawers, bind them and it’ll be ready to go. That will probably have to wait until next week though, so until then I will leave this out and smile every time I see it :blush:.

7 Likes

I love your fabric choices! This is a really pretty block, especially with the dark background. I’m glad it was picked up for the BOM!

@Lynx, I live that your blocks are different sizes and am
Looking forward to seeing your final layout!

1 Like

Ugh. I always hate pinning quilt sandwiches. This one is going easier than most, even with Astrid trying to ‘help’.

8 Likes

That’s my least favourite part as well, especially for larger quilts. Does anyone have tips and tricks that they’re willing to share?

1 Like

Mine too, I have no table large enough to lay the quilt out, and I do baby or lap quilt sizes. So it’s on the floor for me. And crawling around the floor pinning is hard on the old body these days. Even harder is getting up again! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

I get my daughter to help. I don’t know of any speedy way to do it

2 Likes

ugh–I think that must be the way all quilters do it because there really is no other way unless you have a space so large as to hold a very large table…that is why I send mine out most of the time…I just can’t get comfortable on my old knees crawling on the floor!

@MistressJennie that’s a fabulous block and I live Astrid in that picture, she looks like she’s sulking because you’re not paying attention to her

1 Like