Quilt-along 2021

I’m waiting on some wadding to arrive in the mail before I can finish my baby quilt. So it’s time for something new.

We’re glued to the news here. It must be making you sick.

Pillowcases are often nice cotton-great for tie dying

1 Like

I have an important irl work meeting early tomorrow morning. I have to leave the house 8 hours from now. I think at least half of us will need a lot of coffee tomorrow…

@Edel great idea! The fabric makes me happy because I would have loved that back then. I had not heard of one block wonder quilts, but the images on Google look great!

It’s 11pm here and I’m tempted to start cutting fabric now, but I’m going to resist. It’s too late. I’m going to bed and to read something simple-you need bed too, it’s even later where you are.

1 Like

It’s like a train wreck…I just can’t stop watching. It is so awful. I am so worried for all the police.

2 Likes

I’ve seen these types of quilts before and have always been in awe (though I never knew what they were called). I would love to see you turn that fabric into a beautiful one block wonder! I’d also like to hear about the process.

1 Like

Wait… is that the one where you stack a set of 6 pattern repeats (or panels) then cut triangles to make a bunch of hexagons?

If so… I still haven’t made one, but I bought some fabric to try it out. I just need a good space to lay out and cut the fabric.

2 Likes

You’re right, it’s past 1am, we’re an hour ahead of you. It’s time for bed. But it’s hard to stop watching.

@Lynx, here are the goodies that were in December’s Creative Notions quilting box. @AIMR - feel free to keep scrolling, nothing to see or read here :wink:.

The theme is ‘New Beginnings.’ The box includes the pattern and fabric to make a baby quilt. It also includes ‘Chenille-It’ to use on the edges of the quilt instead of traditional binding. The Chenille-It will give the quilt ruffle-like edges.
The Maker’s Planner has some reference charts, and monthly calendars & project sheets, as well as pockets for papers & pictures.
Starting this year, the subscription will also include a new quilting tool each month, so I’m curious to see what they will send in January.

4 Likes

I love that you blurred the photos for @AIMR!

Lots of goodies in your kit!

3 Likes

lol It didn’t work…I looked immediately…and wow…they sure included a lot of goodies in that kit! hmmm? :joy:

2 Likes

Me too :joy::rofl::joy::smiley::woozy_face:

1 Like

Bad girl :flushed::flushed: She was trying to be helpful!

2 Likes

Dang it, woman! She tried! :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Yarn of the month, sticker of the month, shoes of the month, kitty toys of the month…what’s another subscription? sigh You guys are just so bad…lol

2 Likes

I just looked into this box for myself but have to pass, with conversion it’s $88 Canadian per month. I’ll just enjoy seeing what you receive so please show us.

3 Likes

The thing I like about this particular subscription is that I can feel the thought and effort that goes into it. I heard a YouTube reviewer say something similar when she was reviewing this particular subscription. I didn’t think much of it until I got my first box and felt the thoughtfulness for myself. I emailed the company letting them know I appreciate the quality and that I had also appreciated that they included two different project patterns to be used with the material that had been sent that month. This was the part of the reply I received back:

We want the quality of the products we use to be high value and in good taste. One project is good but two of them give options. Many of our customers have arthritic hands and some have disabilities. We try to accommodate many skill levels too.

That kind of attitude is undoubtedly why I can feel the care and thoughtfulness put into each month’s subscription.

Yikes! I I’ve always found it crazy that it costs so much to ship to Canada, you’d think you were an ocean away! I will continue to post pics as I get the box each month. It’s nice to have people besides my husband to share it with :blush:.

4 Likes

I pull back my Feb heart suggestion, @Edel covered it all, easy and a bit more challenging.

PERFECT!

3 Likes

Okay. Do you want me to move it to a different month or nominate a different block?

I’ll nominate a different one for a different month…I have an idea.

1 Like

Here is the quilt top I want to finish off. I found this in my father’s US Air Force trunk, after my parents’ passings in 2014. It is at least from 1950, possibly as early as 1920s. No markings or labels/tags of any kind. I have no clue who made it, if it is handmade or purchased commercially, or why he had it! It so NOT like my Dad to have something like this.

It might actually be too delicate to use in any real way, and I am starting to have second thoughts about completing it, as it isn’t something I want to hang on my wall. I might attempt to finish it & if it holds up, see if any of my nieces or nephews want it.

9 Likes