Quilt-along 2021

I ordered a collage quilt pattern and kit that’s supposed to arrive today, so I’m constantly refreshing the tracking page on my phone as well as obsessively opening the front door and looking around for a package. The funny thing is, I can’t even start it until I pick up more supplies, but why let a little thing like that diminish my excitement :laughing:.

6 Likes

I’m thinking about buying some Monika Forsberg fabrics for the BOM.I try not to buy fabric unless I have a specific project in mind so almost all of my stash consists of scraps (which is one reason I make so many scrap projects!) But I’d like to make a non-scrappy quilt for once and I love her fabrics.

Non-essential shops are closed but the local quilt shop has a website and they offer to pick matching solids.

4 Likes

I’m waiting on packages too and doing the same thing!

2 Likes

Her fabrics are fun and colorful!

I like Tula Pink as well and have a whole stash of that…I hate to cut them, but why keep them around just to look at?

I am finishing up a couple of embroideries as I wait for some linen toweling to arrive…I still have to find the bin where I packed my fabric for the one block wonder…I can see the fabric in my mind but I can’t remember where I put it…@edel has inspired me to finally tackle it…

I have the fabrics for my BOM but want to make sure I have some solids that match as well…

3 Likes

It has arrived!!

11 Likes

That kit is really pretty! I really like it! Where did you order it from?

1 Like

Oh this is lovely! No wonder you were checking your mail every five minutes.

1 Like

Looks like a fun bag of goodies!

2 Likes

Oohh looks really good. I can’t wait to see what you make

1 Like

Started working on a Christmas quilt today.
I’ve been collecting the fabrics for awhile but kept putting off making it until now :smiley:
It’s a challenge working on something this large in our tiny cottage but I’m determined to make it work.

8 Likes

Nice colours

1 Like

I am thinking about making my Christmas tree skirt while I have my holiday fabrics out…January and February are slow months for holiday crafting so seems a good idea…love the fabrics…are you doing a particular pattern?

3 Likes

When I saw it in person, I’m pretty sure my jaw probably fell open :laughing:. There was so much detail and it has such a fun whimsical feel to it. I ordered the kit and pattern (they’re sold separately) from Fiberworks. There’s also a different kit that includes the pattern available at Olive Juice Quilts.

1 Like

wow…both of those are pretty amazing…I thought from your pic it was a snow globe…stunning…better get working on it…you have 12 months! lol

1 Like

Are you having a larger home built, or am I thinking if a different member?

I started on a Christmas quilt toward the end of October, but then other projects came up along with the holidays and I had to set it aside, so the start of the year sounds like a good time to work on holiday projects. Even if it had to be set aside, there would still be plenty of time to get to it before Christmas!

I hate when I want to craft, but I’m not in the mood for it. I always try to maximize my motivation and work on a project when I’m excited and ‘feeling it’ (which is far easier said than done :laughing:)!

2 Likes

Seriously!

1 Like

@homer2 is building a new home…she lives in a tiny house until it can be started in the spring…

Except for tax work, I really don’t have a lot to do in the off months from the beach…normally, I would be traveling in January and February to warmer places than here, but not this year, obviously…so…lots of time to do crafting and sewing!

2 Likes

Super cute! I really love the black and white botanical with woodland creatures print. I checked the two links you sent, but still can’t figure out the name of the print. Does it happen to say in your kit?

1 Like

Unfortunately the fabric is cut in a way that I can’t see the name of the print, just an ‘oad’ and a butterfly/moth showing the color of the print, which it turns out is actually navy. The only other thing of note is that the material is pretty thin and lightweight (at least compared to the quilting cottons I’m used to).

1 Like

Oh wow! It’s stunning! I can’t imagine attempting something like it, but I look forward to seeing yours when it’s finished.

1 Like