Quilt-along 2021

The other trigger was the yearly rag collection for charity in my city tomorrow! So I was going through the purgatory pile in the corner to see what I wanted to get rid of. I remember moving those jeans to this house in 2015… And the pile keeps growing every time Mr Imma destroys another pair.

I cut the strips fairly randomly and the foundation pieces have different sizes as well so it’s going to be a pretty random looking quilt.

2 Likes

So I’ve been stitching like a madwoman for the last hour and this is what I’ve got:

Mr Imma will be home in 10 minutes and I can already hear him ask why their are weird shaped things on the floor with rags sewn onto them. Well I don’t know, seemed like a good idea at the time.

I have a few bits of jeans left and some foundation fabric, but I’m nearly at the right size already. I guess tomorrow I’ll think of how I’m going to put the blocks together. I’m using two fleece blankets for batting and this is the backing fabric:

13 Likes

That is going to be the most fantastic quilt!

1 Like

Looking great so far! I love all the shades of denim. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, he came home as I was laying out the blocks and he actually said “nice”!

I’m thinking of this design and using non-denim sashing in between the blocks. Now I just have to find a fabric in my stash that she likes.

6 Likes

That is for cool and how wonderful that you have a home in mind for it. It’s so nice making quilts for someone you know will really love them.

@AudiobookLover those ‘free’ bits of sewing are such a bonus, then when you turn your attention to making all the leaders and enders into something, your quilt is nearly done, it seems to happen like magic.

I made 12 of these blocks today, headphones on and listening to work stuff, scrappy blocks are so forgiving and don’t need too much focus-i used up most of my yellow and orange scraps

10 Likes

I @marionberries submit this as my January BOM entry. I want to make more!

15 Likes

It turned out wonderfully!

It’s so bright and bold, I love it!

Love it…the colors are very nice together…the bright yellow really stands out in this star!

1 Like

I love that backing fabric!!

3 Likes

I’ve had a 6.5 inch one for ages that I bought at a quilt show, but I only used it for the first time 2 days ago, it was great!! I was thinking a rotating cutting mat might be my next special purchase :wink:
And also, your hexie quilt reminds me of an underwater scene :smiley:

I do NOT replace these enough :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I’m working on a Christmas quilt too!

Using economy blocks and as many different types of fabrics as I can :slight_smile:

These are 6 inch blocks and I’m thinking 8x10 blocks :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I love your fabrics!!!

1 Like

I discovered the existence of titanium coated needles last year. Game changer! They take forever to dull and are less likely to bend or snap.

5 Likes

I agree! I also have titanium blades and a pair of scissors that are titanium coated…best pair of scissors ever!

3 Likes

I love seeing everyone’s different beautiful fabrics! So many lovely colors and blocks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My BOM fabrics are great! I picked out the prints and I love the matching grunge colours the shop suggested. A great way to buy fabric when you aren’t allowed to go to the shop.

9 Likes

I spy a pretty bird!

1 Like

It’s my favourite too!