Quilt-along 2021

My favorite is #4, followed by #3.

Mollie is currently having fun rearranging them

5 Likes

Both Rob & I like the pinwheel best of all, the one Mollie is working on. Gorgeous blocks, really beautiful work!

I do think the asymmetric lay out is quite interesting. The last one too.

I like #1!

Sounds like we arenā€™t much help. :laughing:

2 Likes

I like the pinwheels! I am definitely going to add this block to my listā€¦it is just so versatileā€¦wowā€¦

1 and 2 for sure.

The last one makes me want to embroider something inside the blank panes. So, 6 as well.

Yeah, we arenā€™t much help. We like all the diversity, @Edel!

3 Likes

Or stamp them with an awesome @edel stampā€¦

3 Likes

Alex, this is just fantastic! Iā€™m so proud of you for finishing this! I really just love everything about it. When you showed the first picture, I wasnā€™t really sure what it would end up being, but watching you work on it, it was so neat to see it take shape! This will be cherished!

@Edel So many fantastic choices, but I think my favorite is the second picture with the triangles. My second favorite is your bottom pictures.

1 Like

I, @AIMR, submit this as my January BOMā€¦

I did two six inch blocks that will work well with my 12 inch February block!

I am pleased to say that no points were cut off once I renamed the parts of this block to make sense for meā€¦and drew my own pictures to remember which side to square up so as not to cut off points!

13 Likes

I love these! The animals in the middle are so cute.

I went upstairs to get some fabric and I was a bit shocked by my quilting fabrics stash situation. Tomorrow Mr Imma has a night shift, so I guess thatā€™s the night to drag it all downstairs, sort it and cut it up!

This is just filled to the brim with hundreds fabrics. Iā€™m going to sort by colour first, then by size. The smallest pieces will be cut up for scrap projects. I have kept a pile of used ziplock baggies and Iā€™m going to sort the larger pieces of fabric by colour.

I also came across a pile of 40 blocks that I had forgot I made, will try to finish those into something asap.

4 Likes

lol Perhaps I shouldnā€™t have sent you fabrics, but I think you will be able to use them all up over timeā€¦at least you have a nice selection when you feel like making something! I love the bottom right leave patternā€¦it will feel great to have them organized!

1 Like

Yours are the perfect size for projects! I think I will cut a lot of fabric into 4x4" and 5x5" squares. They are useful for lots of things. I have ruler for hexagon log cabin blocks that I havenā€™t used yet, so I will cut some strips as well. I also found back an orange peel ruler that came with a magazine, Iā€™ve been wanting to try that but it looks difficult with those curved seams.

The leave fabric is new and Iā€™ve already used almost half of it for a tote bag, itā€™s almost done.

2 Likes

@AIMR those blocks are adorable!!

The jury is in on the quilt. Mollie asked if she could have it, so she settled on this layout.

Iā€™ve put the two scrappy stars in the back.

Time for a walk now and then home to pin it. The race is on, will I get it finished today?

17 Likes

Love itā€¦and Molly sure seems to be collecting a lot of lovely quiltsā€¦do you make her do the household chores as a bribe? I wouldā€¦ :rofl:

4 Likes

I know! She pointed out that she has gotten three of the 6 Iā€™ve made this year (although 6 isnā€™t finished) I havenā€™t made her one in ages though.

I love making quilts for people, but I only make them for people who appreciate handmade lovelies.

3 Likes

:astonished: Those blocks were Just sitting there waiting for a layout and suddenly, theyā€™re all sewn together as part of a quilt top AND you have the backing ready to go! Watching you turn your fabrics into quilts is like watching one of those fast forward scenes in a show (like weā€™re going to clear the furniture out of the room, then you see the action at super speed). I am constantly amazed by your productivity speed!

5 Likes

:joy::joy:. I made the stars yesterday, just to try them out because theyā€™re really pretty. But I decided Iā€™m never making a full quilt of them, they are far too slow.

Can you tell Iā€™m not naturally patient? I need to get things finished and get on to the next thing, Iā€™ve learned to work fast or Iā€™d drown in UFOs

I do not want to go for a walk, I want to keep sewing, Iā€™m literally throwing myself out the door.

4 Likes

I think it is great that you know your limitations and how you like to do thingsā€¦you still try out new things and manage to incorporate them into competing projectsā€¦there are lessons to be learned by following how you do some things!

2 Likes

I absolutely agree! Your stars came out really nice and I love how quickly you added them into something. They look beautiful and really add to the back of the quilt, plus the scrappiness ties it all in!

@aimr I am in love with your BOM!

@Edel Mollieā€™s a lucky girl, and that is a stricking layout, too! I think you will indeed finish today!