Quilt-along 2021

I Homerof2 submit this as my February BOM entry

13 Likes

This is gorgeous! It’s snowing right now, so I really appreciate the wintery non-Vday holiday vibe.

1 Like

My goodness! Your perfectly matched up corners is my goal in life. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Pretty and the mix of fabrics is so fun. February has sure been snowy around here.

1 Like

It helps if you iron your seams in opposite directions, they almost lock together when joined.

3 Likes

I’ve been meaning to buy myself a walking foot for my sewing machine for ages. (A Husqvarna Viking Rose, I bought in 2000-2001, so literally 20 years now.) When I went looking today, I found that they are $130-170! I’m not sure what you guys think, but I for one, have decided that is officially a stupid price. After a bit of scouring the web, I found someone selling a used one on eBay for $35, a significantly less crazy price. Since it came with the manual, I went for it. Looking forward to trying it out on my next quilt.

4 Likes

Mine came with my new machine but I purchased one for my older Janome for about $35. I can’t imagine why they’d be so expensive.

1 Like

Hey everyone. As some of you may know, my son, LittleBookLover, has had a variety of medical issues since he was born very prematurely seven and a half years ago. He was hospitalized on Saturday due to some intestinal issues and has since had a variety of seemingly unrelated problems crop up. So, it looks like we’ll be here for at least a few days more. He is finally resting comfortably for the first time in days, so I think I’ll get caught up on all the recent posts!

6 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that your little buddy hasn’t been feeling well. I’ve been thinking of you, and we’re here even if you just need to vent any worries or frustrations. You’re a great momma. I’m glad he’s resting comfortably now, and maybe you can start to relax a bit yourself, too.

1 Like

Holy shniz, that is STEEP! My machines didn’t come with such fancy feet but they didn’t cost so dear a price as far as I recall.
I keep more than one machine around, if something is pricey for one, chances are I can get it for another one for less. Aside from my new Janome, every other machine I’ve got is a tank picked up at the thrift shop and serviced for about $100. Comes in handy when I’m sewing with more than one colour thread and have to go back and forth frequently, or if teaching someone else. Or a machine has to go in to the shop. I’m about to give my sister one of them though, trying to decide between the solid metal Kenmore or the weird old travel Brother. Feels like I’m about to give away a baby. At least it’s to family? Ugh.

Hopefully now that he’s resting comfortably you can get a bit of rest too. We’ll be thinking of you both! Let us know if we need to send funny memes your way. :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Oh dear, just seeing this. Best of luck to you! I hope you brought something to keep your hands busy and your mind occupied. I am sending good, healthy vibes your way!

2 Likes

I checked on my favorite online source and that does seem to be the price for your sewing machine. When I was looking for one for my old Kenmore, I ran into the same thing…I found a “generic” one on Amazon for about $20. Took a chance and absolutely am thrilled with it…I have been using it for over 5 years now! I think $35 is good…I use it even for small projects because it just sews a better seam…

@AudiobookLover thinking of you and your son…he is such a dear…hope he feels better soon…tell him we will miss him at the next Zoom…come home soon!

2 Likes

Thinking all good thoughts for you and your son.

2 Likes

Sending prayers for healing and good thoughts your way.

2 Likes

First time paper piecing in ohhhh…about 5+ years. I started this for a swap but then I got a different idea. So now I have this lonely block. Save it for a rainy day? What shall I do with it? I’m open to ideas! (

Uhrmm…just don’t look at it too closely. There were some issues. Lol! I’ve learned I can’t paper piece around my children. It takes to much concentration.

13 Likes

Sweet! It’s a beautiful panel! You could make it into a throw pillow cover, tote bag, notebook cover…anything you make with it would be fabulous, though.

2 Likes

Wah!!! It’s so amazing, omg, I loooove it!

2 Likes

Awesome job! Also, I totally have some of that green fabric. Lol

1 Like

I’m so sorry he’s in hospital, but glad to hear he’s resting comfortably now. I’m sending positive thoughts your way. Hopefully you will be able to get some rest now as well.

1 Like