Quilt-along 2021

Pretty much everything I make grows slowly, so that’s not a deterrent! :slight_smile:

I love those! They are SO clever for highlighting all the excellent and special bits of fabric. Oh, man. How many quilts is too many for one person to have? We barely use those we have, but I waaaannnntttt more!

3 Likes

We have so many too. And now that I’m combining two houses, we’ll be drowning in them. But until we replace windows and upgrade insulation, our new house will be cold, so we’ll be glad of them.

1 Like

If you use curtain clips you could even use them as temporary curtains in winter! It’s so cold in the TV corner of our living room that I’m seriously considering doing that tomorrow. We recently insulated the walls and the windows are double glazed but they still feel very cold.

So freakin’ cute! I love the red mushrooms and the little astronauts.

@MistressJennie I’ve just seen this on Reddit, it reminded me of some of the HST that you are making. Pattern is coral coreopsis. By James and Gracie

10 Likes

Tried the heart block not sure what I did wrong but it didnt come out right. Will try again. Lol.

That is beautiful!

Meanwhile, I screwed up my latest block at the last moment…

Currently unpicking some stitches.

5 Likes

It actually took some time before I noticed! I love the moon fabric.

I can’t wait to see all your blocks together! How many do you have now? How many are you making?

All fixed! Noon and Light Block. I tested out the technique I posted a link to, for making easy Quarter Square Triangle Blocks. But I wasn’t as careful as I should have been. Must have zoned out while cutting, because I had planned to make the center diamond deep blue, and the points off the edges the brighter turquoise. Thankfully I hadn’t cut out the blue & black HST’s yet, so once I realized my mistake, I cut the rest of the block to match.

I have 8 so far. Not really sure how many I’m going to make. Just going to keep going for a bit, make a few more BOM’s, and a few more random blocks as I’m inspired to do so. I really should have spent today binding my raw edge circle quilt, but I got seduced into testing out that technique for making easy Quarter Square Triangles.

8 Likes

Wow, that is so dramatic. And if you replaced one of the pink squares with the background colour, those wedges/petals would be shaped like hearts!

I like the black and blue, that’s also quite dramatic.

1 Like

@Cindy Ah, Florence is so regal!

@Edel My goodness, you just keep on chugging! I spy flamingos in your post, too (of course!)

@MistressJennie Another fun new block for you! I love the colors!

I just learned that I will need to patch a small hole in a seam in the quilt I made last year for my bed. That made me sad, but just shows the quilt is being loved!

3 Likes

That is similar to the mistake I made on my first block. I didn’t realize until I went to photograph it that I had put two flying geese blocks on upside down.

1 Like

I carolb submit this as my February BOM entry.

12 Likes

Beautiful work…and I love the classic red and white…the white is really pretty with the white-on-white design…is there a design on the red as well? I think I am seeing a faint pattern

1 Like

@AIMR its a light gray and yes there is a floral print on the red as well. Tiny little flowers. I like gray and red together lol. Am odd but ya know that already

2 Likes

@MistressJennie, that Noon and Light block is stunning and I now easy it is to make a mistake when you think you know what you are doing.

@carolb, I love that bright red heart.

I had to order a bit of fabric to finish the Carpenter Star quilt top. I just didn’t have the right shade of gray. So I’m working on a block depicting our house. Part quilt block, applique and embroidery. This is what happens when it snows…I pretend I can do anything but craft. Still working on it.

And even the new solar panels on the roof.

9 Likes

Haha…and cats in the windows!

Beautiful heart block, @carolb!!

Love the little crescent moons in that block, @MistressJennie! :blue_heart: :black_heart:

2 Likes

Made some progress on the denim quilt!

9 Likes