Quilt-along 2021

That’s great! Thank you for taking the initiative to add that link!

Oh poopadoop…I got my Green Rider books today but I ordered the wrong three…I had to order the first one but it won’t be here until 2/27! Oh well, I need to clear out my guest room, which is packed with boxes because my furniture and bed are coming 2/22…it was a sign that I needed not to start reading…what I have read so far is really good (on Kindle)! Thanks for the recommendation, Jennie!

3 Likes

I downloaded mine yesterday but haven’t started it!

At this point Kristen Britain should be giving me a commission. :joy:

4 Likes

I ordered book 1- the fantasy genre is not usually my first choice, but your recommendation was convincing! But, I only ordered the first book, just in case :wink:

1 Like

I just started Green Rider book one. loving it so far. Easy read and quickly takes you away from the real world. My kind of book.

3 Likes

Sometimes it’s nice to feel like the hero with the sword. And still get to be female.
Honestly, the whole series can kinda be summed up by this cartoon about legos.

Meanwhile I finished my raw edge circles lap quilt last night, but doing MareMare’s binding tutorial. Pictures/project submission coming later!

5 Likes

I’m considering trying the qayg method for the tote bag I’m making @aufish for iyp, but the kids have had remote learning due to weather so I don’t have my kitchen table to craft on. Honestly, I feel more comfortable with my tried and true method, though. Before I even get that far, I need to search more through my fabric stash to see what coordinates with some pre-made ___.

QAYG on bags and totes is a great way to test the method. I made a great weekender bag using it, and I get so many compliments on it. I still feel like it might be weird in a full size quilt, but the smaller bag panels worked out so well with it.

@MistressJennie this cartoon is perfect. My feelings exactly. Loved legos and this was back when you got just the blocks in red, blue, white, and occasionally yellow. No fiddly little pieces.

I lost my son in a Legos store at Disney Land once. He was 30 at the time!

2 Likes

@MistressJennie that comic strip is brilliant, even if reading Legos hurts my head. But that’s because I’m a cranky grammar nazi and will not accept it. :grin:

1 Like

That it’s supposed to be ‘lego’ or ‘lego bricks’ for plural?

Yup, I think it’s only your side of the world that calls it Legos. We say Lego for one or many. Euro is the same. But then the opposite is true for maths. You say Math, we say maths. Language is weird!

3 Likes

My sister sent me pictures of the most amazing Lego sculptures near her house…now I want to go visit even more…

I am trying to decide if I want to do some blocks or try to do a one block wonder…I have an ouchie on the palm of my right hand that might not like cutting with my new rotary cutter and I am getting my second COVID vaccine today in my right arm as well…maybe I should just call it a day and sleep.

4 Likes

Posted by Seth Meyer last week…

3 Likes

Hilarious! lol

In other news, I slipped and fell hard on my tailbone, trying to untangle Astrid from where she wrapped herself up under our porch on her third trip out in an hour. (She likes to play a game where she has to poop, but doesn’t WANT to poop.) Everything freakin’ hurts. Laughing. Peeing. Standing, sitting, laying down. They all suck. I think I slept about 3 hours last night, and now I’m up checking LC at 4:30 in the morning. No quilting for me for a while, as I’m constantly up and down from my chair to cut or press things, and getting up or down from a chair is agony.

If anyone has a spare cabana boy laying around, please send him to make me tea. And cook all our meals today. I’ll tip generously.

Jennie!!! I hope you are feeling a bit better but usually, the few days after are the worst! Please take it easy (which, I am sure you have no choice but to do so!)…

I can’t do a lot of crafting today, either…the wart I had removed yesterday is on the palm of my hand and it hurts like a mother…my whole hand feels bruised and bashed and achey…for a tiny wart! Ugliest blister I have ever seen…had to cover it up as I wanted to barf seeing it!

Going to sit at my computer and catch up on work and rest…dreaming of using my new rotary cutter…

lol…injured crafters unite in agony! Feel better, and hope you can get help if you need it…

Oh no @MistressJennie that’s so painful and @AIMR you’re out of action too.
You guys need to have a day filled with tlc for yourselves x

I just saw on FB that @kittykill also burned her hand badly! lol she wrapped it up with washi tape!

This is a week of injuries!!!