Quilt-along 2021

That is cute! @Cindy, it looks like that particular quilt was done with the QAYG method. Are you planning on doing the same thing?

uh…wow…

1 Like

What a fun idea for colorful scraps! This is going to be an amazing quilt!

1 Like

@tendstowardschaos Everyone said it already. This is going to be stunning.

2 Likes

Thanks, you guys!

I can’t see where you found that … it’s appliqué so I’m not sure how you’d do that method.

1 Like

That’s going to be amazing! :star2:

1 Like

My initial thought was that the quilt was created with the quilt as you go method because of all the individual quilted backgrounds behind each bug. It reminds me of Wendi Gratz’s QAYG method for her appliqué quilts. The quilting is definitely more intricate on the backyard friends quilt though.

1 Like

For those of you making a ton of Economy Blocks, this is a fun pattern. The block is basically the Economy, with a border around it.

5 Likes

Uh. Hi. I got busy. And then disconnected from peopling. I’m back-ish.

8 Likes

We have missed you greatly…not just your projects…welcome back…

1 Like

Hello (-ish), lady! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just wait til I remember how to post pictures. You’ll be sick of seeing my name in no time. :joy:

6 Likes

UNPOSSIBLE! Steph! So good to see you lady, I think about you all the dang time. .
At the top of the comment box is a little icon of a mountain, click that to upload pics. I am so excited to see what you’ve been up to!

1 Like

@sloth003 I’m so glad you came back to us :grin:

1 Like

Welcome back Sloth!

Also, fun fact for the group: March is National Quilting Month.

3 Likes

Perfect.

So nice to see you!!

Hi sloth! Welcome to the quilt-along. I’m looking forward to seeing your creations!

So, I just looked at the calendar and realized that tomorrow is the last day of the month :astonished:. I knew it was coming up, but I didn’t realize it was coming that fast!
I should’ve hopped on the February block of the month train with the rest of you that completed it within the first few days of the month. As of right now, it looks like it won’t be done until March, but I am hoping to complete the monthly prompt of making something with a heart!

In other news, LittleBookLover had a follow up appointment with his gastroenterologist yesterday. The GI doc couldn’t believe that the hospital had released LittleBookLover without figuring out what had caused the original problem or doing follow up tests to verify that he was healthy enough to be released. The doc was initially concerned that he would need to hospitalize LittleBookLover immediately, but it thankfully did not come to that!

Fortunately, our GI is on the case and has ordered many tests to see where LittleBookLover’s health is at right now. Once he has that information, he’ll know how best to proceed!

5 Likes