Quilt-along 2021

This is so warm and inviting. I like the colors, it pulls together all the fun I-Spy squares.

1 Like

I just realized that it is the end of April and I havenā€™t done my April block. The possible fabrics are in a messy pile on my ironing board, along with a box of misc. stuff, a measuring tape, several pens and pencils, and who knows what else. My sewing machine is behind several buckets of tools from the porch project. Such a great idea to put the door to the porch in the craft room. Now everything we need to move off the porch for finishing projects ends up in that room. And donā€™t forget the dog crate that is housing the veggie startsā€¦keeps the cats off. I really hate the mid-stage of a big house reno because every room is affected in some way. Cans of paint here, tools there, extra furniture stashed everywhere. I do love the end results, but delays make me crazy.
I know I can wiggle my way into position to make my block tonight. Iā€™ve enjoyed this quilt-along so much.

5 Likes

@AudiobookLover - your I-Spy quilt is adorable! I love the layout and the llamas.

I havenā€™t been doing much sewing, been working on other projects that have deadlines. But, after stitching up a dog collar yesterday, I decided to tackle some pillow covers. I tried out the economy block. My points and corners need some more practice, but they didnā€™t turn out too badly. I need to add sashing to get them to the right size, then Iā€™ll quilt before making them into envelope-style covers.

10 Likes

Those are adorable!

2 Likes

Thank you! These are going in our camper.

I just finished up the sashing. Now, to dig through my fabric to find something that I can use for the back of the quilting and the covers.

10 Likes

@tendstowardschaos those are so adorable. Gives me the camping bug.

And I, marionberries, submit for my April BOM a card trick. I did the easy method, I just didnā€™t have the brain cells to do the other.

10 Likes

I love the little focal points of your pillows! What fun camping pillows!

@marionberries, itā€™s always nice to have an easy method as an option! I totally understand not having the brain cells available for anything more :grimacing:. Nice job completing the April BOM before the official end of the month!

3 Likes

Anyone have a suggestion for Mayā€™s prompt? I just about forgot about it!

1 Like

You did it! Great fabrics, too!

1 Like

Following right behind @marionberriesā€¦this has been a month full of deadlines for meā€¦but, I have done the card trick pattern before and wanted to try the alternative methodā€¦I have to say that I like the other pattern better, but once quilted, I donā€™t think there is much visually different between the twoā€¦I only chose two patterns because I only have limited fabrics in this color groupingā€¦

I, @AIMR, submit the card trick block for my April BOM!

10 Likes

@AIMR that 9s a fun glock. I wanted to do the first ones I like the looks better too but the mental gymnastics to keep that silly thing organized would have broken me this month. Lots of fun and crazy work at my job and home projects. But we did it AIMR!

2 Likes

The block is a bit larger than my other block in the same colorwayā€¦the other pattern seemed to smaller, so I have not mastered either yet! If I can get four 12 inch blocks out of the colors I picked, I can then add complimentary colors to make a bright happy quiltā€¦

In other news, I laid out a pattern for the quilt blocks we made so far because I need a baby quilt fast! I hope to work on it this weekend! The baby is due in two weeks and I have no gift!

1 Like

I was so confused on what this sentence meant and how a gun figured into anything.
It took me waaay too long to figure out that glock = block and 9s = is. Suddenly your post made a lot more sense.

3 Likes

I mean, a 9 is a fun glock. A bit big for my small hands, but ā€¦:joy:

2 Likes

Those fabrics are so fun!

1 Like

I canā€™t seem to tap the right buttons when on my phone. And I have small thumbs! How do people do it? The number of corrections in this reply is amazing. I was tempted to leave them, but even I couldnā€™t read it.:rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Oddly, I understood everythingā€¦lol

1 Like

Me too.
Autocorrect is dumb, mā€™kay?

That modified card trick pattern is pure genius though. I personally think finding ways to simplify is often more clever in the end.

@tendstowardschaos wow, just wow.

@Lynx what do you think of improv as a theme? Iā€™ve been wanting to do some wonky houses, wonky stars, that tree silhouette thing @Edel showed us. I feel like letting the fabric decide itā€™s own shape.

2 Likes

I have other hobbies. Target shooting is one of them. It was just a joke.

1 Like

Lol. I thought she was referencing your awesome quilted coversā€¦

1 Like