Quilt-along 2021

All that colour makes my eyes so happy!

1 Like

Here is the quilt block I made for @Abbeeroad in the Quilt Block Swapā€¦It was called Modern Mosaic

I got at least one point perfect! lol

10 Likes

It is seriously so adorable.

I love it!!!

Very pretty block!

I got 60 squares out of my crumb piecing! Gotta admit, it was difficult cutting up my bigger panels - they were so pretty.

10 Likes

You mean you have to cut them up after you do all that sewing? Wowā€¦it really is like a masterboard only in fabric!

I guess it is so you can mix them up even moreā€¦but yeah, I would not want to cut them up either!!!

3 Likes

The scrap quilt Iā€™m making is a pillow quilt. Two squares make a pillow, pillows are sewn together to make the quilt.

8 Likes

This looks like what I am doing as wellā€¦whenever I have some larger scraps I make these tiny pillows and then fill them with more scrapsā€¦I saw it here when someone posted an antique bookā€¦it fascinates me and makes me really appreciate how valuable fabrics and scraps were

1 Like

That is where I got the idea, too! I think it was back on deadster. I downloaded the e-bookā€¦such an awesome craft book! Iā€™ve been saving all my scraps ever since. We definitely are spoiled, these days, with such ready access to cheap materials. Of course, when you look at the textile industry, from beginning to end, itā€™s terribly depressing. Another good reason to use up those scraps, though.

2 Likes

When I watch movies or tv now, I look at the quilts, afghans, etc. and just know they canā€™t be from that time period because of the fabricsā€¦I downloaded that book as well!

One of my all time favorite historical fiction books was about the mills in Leedsā€¦it was very eye-opening and yes, depressing!

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying to update the spreadsheet immediately when I see things posted and not miss things, so I am purposely not looking at this thread on my phone and only on my computer when I can update. Sometimes I donā€™t get the chance to get on LC on my computer and so it make take a few days. I will add you to Aprilā€™s BOM (sorry for missing it) and also I have your May, too. Speaking of which, what a fun May block! I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll get to making mine this month.

@tendstowardschaos the colorwash quilt is so striking!

@edel, I really like your pillow quilt!

3 Likes

Any suggestions for our June prompt theme?

I was not criticizingā€¦just trying to help you keep trackā€¦I know people are busy or have other prioritiesā€¦no need to explain! Great job everyone does managing these craftalongs!

I think it wouldnā€™t hurt to repeat a WIP prompt! I still have so many in different stages and have not yet completed one quilted thing this year! Yikes!

2 Likes

I didnā€™t take it that way at all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I sometimes re-read my own posts and sound like I am bitching, but I forget you and many others are not as high strung as I am! lolā€¦I am just anxious right now with my surgery tomorrowā€¦it means I am more cranky and a bit abrasiveā€¦I just want it over with, you knowā€¦trying not to freak out too badlyā€¦thanks againā€¦you are a friend indeed!

3 Likes

Good luck on your surgery! I know it will go great!

I went yesterday for my 3rd blood work for my surgery, I get my 3rd pre-op next week, and the 2nd Covid test (praying for not another surprise negative, considering Iā€™m fully vaxxed), so I can have mine finally on the 10th. I feel stress about that, so I get ya! Plus, this maternity leave Iā€™ve been doing has been more stressful than the other two for reasons I donā€™t want to talk about on an open platform, but yeahā€¦itā€™s been hard to keep up!

2 Likes

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!

1 Like

Good luck with tomorrow @AIMR and I hope your recovery is swift x

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking lots of good thoughts for you @AIMR!

Hey everybody!! I am home and moving around on my ownā€¦walking, eating ice cream, watching tvā€¦can you believe it? This morning they replaced my left leg ball and put in a new and improved socket into my hip and now, I am home, basically pain free? The wonders of modern medicine!

Canā€™t drive or fly yet and do have to move around every hourā€¦but other than that, I have only had one pain pill so far!

And, this wonderful happyā€¦they gave me goldfish for a snack after surgeryā€¦I havenā€™t had those in years!!! mmmmmmm

Thanks for all the thoughts and good wishesā€¦you guys are the best!

14 Likes