Quilt-along 2021

Oh no, I totally forgot about May’s BOM. Have to squeeze it in before month end.

3 Likes

-I MistressJennie submit this as my May BOM entry.

I’m so glad I took the time this afternoon to do this block! I love how dramatic the 2 colors make the star.

13 Likes

Very dramatic and I love the contrast. Well done!

1 Like

Very nice! Will this be part of your scrappy quilt or is it for your Halloween quilt?

1 Like

Love it. The design really shines with the black contrast.

1 Like

It will be part of the scrappy quilt.

1 Like

Ooh @MistressJennie that is really nice

1 Like

I’m so thankful you posted a photo of yours. I wasn’t sure if I liked this block enough to add it to my quilt because I didn’t really ‘get it’ but now that I see it in better colours, it makes sense.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think the example made from blue and orange was a bad call. They are opposites on the color wheel which can be a nice contrast, but they are also nearly identical in value. If the blue were a darker navy, the orange would stand out better against it.

3 Likes

Oh, I love the colors in your BOM!

1 Like

This BOM has me itching to get back to piecing. But it’ll be a couple of months more I think.

2 Likes

How about a little Jude Hill style scrappy hand quilting? This could be an opportunity to explore slow stitch, the opposite of your usual pace. Might be fun, or a pita, you just never know :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I love her stuff…she is really a unique character. I almost would rather do slow stitching in some random way than embroidery patterns and sewing machine quilting! The pieces evolve over time and there really is no set pattern or project…a daily meditation that just involves sitting down and stitching a little each day

1 Like

How often is the spreadsheet updated? Am I looking at the right one? It says April but it says 1st quarter…also, I did submit my April BOM and it is not on the chart.

I, @AIMR , submit this as my May BOM.

6 Likes

Cool!

1 Like

That star dances with the bright colors and patterns.

1 Like

Love the fabrics you chose for that block, @AIMR.

I keep getting sidetracked by other projects with deadlines, but I have been working on DS2’s colorwash quilt. I finished the strips yesterday. I also have a nice pile of crumb quilt panels from doing leaders/enders/chain piecing - I’ll be cutting these up for my economy quilt (the faux-eider down style pillow quilt).

11 Likes

@tendstowardschaos I love those colours, that is amazing, plus some really nice scrappy blocks

1 Like

The colorwash quilt is just so pretty!

Seeing your crumb blocks makes me want to take all of my scraps and just start sewing…lol

1 Like

Thanks! I am loving the crumb quilt technique so much. I can totally see myself doing a whole quilt with it…someday.

1 Like