Quilt-along 2021

Love the pink, white with black lines.

1 Like

@Abbeeroad itā€™s quite lovely!

1 Like

I just noticed that an image didnā€™t come through. The collection so garā€¦or most of them.

11 Likes

Awesome collection!

I love seeing all these quilt blocks! I am a novice quilter so basically I quilt but donā€™t know proper terms and such! This thread is a LOT of inspiration!

3 Likes

I have no idea what Iā€™m doing, lol. The blocks of the month are really helping me learn and itā€™s a lot of fun!

3 Likes

Your little blocks are so cute and funā€¦you are doing greatā€¦I am pleased to see your scrappy style coming through all the endeavors you take on with such gustoā€¦great job!!!

1 Like

Here are the blocks I made for @rolerā€¦it was fun, but I really want to try out that Bento Box pattern as well!

And, for @MistressJennie , nothing seemed more appropriate for Halloween than a paper-pieced witch hat!

11 Likes

I didnā€™t squeeze in the BOM this time, but thatā€™s okay.

@marionberries, what a fun and exciting collection!

@aimr that paper pieced witch hat! Exceptional!

Juneā€™s prompt: Grab that wip that you were just too busy to get to, and finish it up!

@Abbeeroad, I like your fabric choices!

@marionberries,itā€™s really neat seeing all your blocks together!

@AIMR - Wow! That witch hat looks really good. I like the curvy top!

2 Likes

Hey, where is everyone. Are you all like me? Out enjoying spring/summer, gardens, home projects? We are working on porch finishing projects, a few minor sewing bits, and now we are in Maine visiting friends. Will I manage the bom? The monthly prompt? Will I even warm up. The sewing machine?

When we get back we are having a poker party on the porch and I have to clean the craft room of all the construction and paint paraphernalia.

So when to I make quilt blocksā€¦well there will be some June left. Right?

3 Likes

My sewing machine is pretty ungetattable but soon my pretty, soonā€¦

3 Likes

I havenā€™t had time to sew in months. Iā€™m hoping for time after I have my sinus surgery post op appt! I did make paper quilt squares yesterday just for fun!

Flying geese are much easier this way! Ha!

6 Likes

No sewing for me lately, my craft table is taken over by computers. I am job hunting (so needed a video area that I didnā€™t have to dismantle to do my current job every day), rebuilding some tech, taking classes, studying, etc. I packed my machine into her case and she is napping for a while, happy to be out of reach of the cats. (They love licking the 1949 Singer sewing machine I inherited from my mom!)

3 Likes

My sister asked me to make her a beach cover upā€¦I am always so glad when I am asked to make a sewn item that someone can useā€¦I run out of ideas and donā€™t want to make just random things.

I am working on my June block as well. I plan on doing it in r/w/b to be able to use it in my Wounded Warrior quilt project. I have such a head start on that quilt because of the swap we recently had!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve taken a short break from quilting to tackle a project for another local artist who has a subscription box going, and a few custom orders. Hope to dive into my BOM very shortly though, as I do want to make that one happen.

1 Like

Between my part time job (theyā€™ve scheduled me more than I asked for) and house building, Iā€™ve barely looked at my sewing machine.

I might wait until I move to my new craft room and catch up on the BOMs as I do want to finish this project for Christmas

4 Likes

This is the project for my artist friendā€™s subscription box. She had though candle cozies, as sheā€™s including candles in the next box, that are made by a company here that gives jobs to women escaping domestic violence. But I didnā€™t like my 4 different prototypes, so I tried going in a new direction. Instead of crochet, I tried weaving. Little candle mats.

And shown with a rocks glass, as a stand in for a small jar candle.

4 Likes

Beautiful! I still had no idea what to do with this monthā€™s DGY subscriptionā€¦just not my color.

Do you want it for more mats?

Which yarn is it?