Quilt-along 2021

It looks exactly like that gold yarn…the label says it is DK Weight recycled sari silk yarn…I have no idea what to do with it…

It sounds like it would be perfect for a crocheted bowl

It is very thin…perfect for weaving…I am not a fan of the color, but Jennie is good with adding colors like the candle mat colors…I would rather someone have it that will use it instead of me trying to rack my brain making something!

2 Likes

Sure! I’m happy to take it. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I bet it’s the one I sent to geek girl in the craft my collectible swap thread. Those little yarn cakes are going places! :upside_down_face:

I do believe we are on the same month of the subscription plan…it came with some scrap yarns in a baggie that I can use for journaling…but I have enough DK weight yarn that I need to find projects for so I am going to pass on it as well! Have yarn cakes will travel! lol

I recently completed my I-spy quilt! I’m going to make a matching pillowcase using the space llama fabric that I used for the bottom right square.

I finally brought my sewing machine and some supplies to our new apartment and am planning on working on some quick finish projects (including the aforementioned pillowcase). My sewing machine is in the car and it turns out that getting heavier items up to the apartment can be a challenge when it’s just LittleBookLover and me here. But, I’ve figured out a handy method, I put LittleBookLover on my back in a carrier and use his oversized stroller to transport my items :relaxed:. I’m hoping to bring up my sewing machine tomorrow and complete a few easy projects.

12 Likes

That quilt looks awesome

1 Like

Well done!

1 Like

Great job! Love I-spy quilts…so much fun for kids and kids at heart!

1 Like

I marionberries , offer Scrappy Heart for June’s prompt
I know this looks familiar, but I had one I had never finished, so I finished this off for a birthday card for my DW. She loves it!

-I marionberries submit this as my June BOM* entry.

I love this block but I did not love the instructions. Very confusing and I am not a fan of sewing little triangles to other little triangles. Luckily I have a new seam ripper. I did appreciate the 9" measurements, I could have never resized this one on my own.

And this is just my “Mistake block” made from all the bad cuts I made on May’s blocks plus the left over bits from June’s block.

11 Likes

I love your “mistake” block!

Love the batiks in your BOM! I need to look for some white batik so versatile!

I am feeling unmotivated this month, ugh. Between work and personal busy-ness and the heat…I might be playing catch up next month. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

The only reason I was able to get it done is the darned muggy hot weather. We installed the air conditioners today. We always wait until we can’t stand the heat anymore. So I needed to do something sedentary while the house cooled down.
And the craft room had a cleaning yesterday because we had a poker party on our new porch. The weather was humid but just cool enough. And fans helped. Didn’t win much, but had some good laughs, it’s been so long since we could meet.

3 Likes

I AIMR submit this as my June BOM entry.

I decided to stick to red, white and blue so I can have a quilt done by the end of August. This block was a bugger due to user error…I did not pay close enough attention to the “directions” pieces had to be sewn together, so my seam ripper got a bit of a work out. Once I got the pieces oriented correctly, it flew by and I am sure I will be making this one a few more times for my quilt! It is really a nice block! @roler…I used one of the scraps you sent me!

11 Likes

Oooh happy to see it got used right away! And that block is gorgeous!

1 Like

Nice! Now I’m feeling motivated. I just needed a couple people to share their adventures I guess.

1 Like

@AIMR, I found the directions rather odd, Like the first flying goose, clear instructions and then “make another”. Why couldn’t it have said make two at the start. Same with other blocks. Maybe it was reading the instructions on a small tablet. I’ll probably never make another.

But I’ve learned so much with this Quilt-along. And it is only June!

3 Likes

I also didn’t like the way they illustrated those…and who in the world makes 7/8" incremental cuts? It would have been better to cut to standards and then trim down! UGH! But, I took a lot of notes and won’t make the same mistakes again…I also hate it when you have to sew from a tiny point instead of a larger area…I changed around the directions to prevent that as well but since the pieces have to be put together a specific way, such as color b has to be on the left of color a, it took a little figuring out…and why it took me over 4 hours to make one block! lol

1 Like

I nominate Christmas Quilt for the December block
It’s a paper pieced pattern, but with what we have learned this year, maybe a good one to stretch some of us.

7 Likes