Quilt-along 2021

You made it! It’s so pretty!

1 Like

So starry and lovely! I love it.

1 Like

I love it!!! :star_struck:

That really beautiful,

1 Like

Congratulations to @marionberries for winning this quarter’s drawing!

Please pm me to claim your prize!

7 Likes

Quarter 3 Challenge and July’s Prompt

This quarter’s challenge is all about summer! Create a small, medium, and large item that is summer themed, is something you’d use in summer. Ideas are: quilted popsicle holders, reusable napkins for picnics, summer tablecloth, mini quilt to decorate your camper! What can you think up?

July Prompt: Country Pride – We celebrate Independence Day in America, but that doesn’t mean you can’t show your own country’s pride! Craft something to show your love for your country!

2 Likes

Wheee. What fun. Thank you! PMing now.

1 Like

Congrats, lady! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Look who’s out of storage. I’m so happy I could throw her a party!

14 Likes

I’ve got the top of the quilt mostly done (needs a small border to get to the size I was aiming for). So, I’ve started designing the back, using pre-cut pieces from the top. The plan is to have this panel across the back, with a navy blue batik background fabric. (Had to over lap the pieces a lot to get it to fit the width of my design wall, will be using 1/4" seams like usual, though.)

And with a B/W filter so you can see the color values:

13 Likes

What a good idea to use the b/w to see the values!

Sure is pretty!

1 Like

That’s gorgeous. Looks like a top in its own right.

2 Likes

Thanks! I love double-sided quilts…my kids are still little, and who knows if this will be their style in a few years, so…flip it over. And, I had a ton of extra fabric. I plan on making a throw pillow (or five) to match. :joy:

3 Likes

I’m finally piecing again and it makes me so happy. Most of my fabric is still in storage, but last week, I picked up a sample book of upholstery fabric at a creative reuse place. I’m currently piecing them randomly to make a slip cover for an armchair.

6 Likes

@Edel , I picked up some upholstery fabric samples years ago at a music festival. The textures and patterns are so different from printed fabric. Patchwork pillows, stuffies, knitting needle keepers, purses and bags…they really come in handy.
I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

3 Likes

I got almost done with the chair cover and on the hem the needle bent, then it was dinner time etc etc. So I’m now in bed with the hem still half done. But it’ll be a quick and easy finish tomorrow. It’s going to create a cosy sitting spot in my kitchen, to drink tea and look out at the birds.

If this is successful, I’ll pick up more samples next time i go to the creative reuse place. They have dozens of books of samples, I didn’t go through them because I thought the pieces were too small (at about 6" sq and above) but duh! Precut patchwork pieces.

5 Likes

I had some time so I whipped out this month’s BOM. An easy and striking pattern.
The center is from a Spoonflower fat quarter.

-I marionberries submit this as my July BOM entry

10 Likes

So cute! Nice use of a special fabric for the center!

I’ve just seen the neatest trick for binding. It would save so much time, mostly for thinnish items like napkins or mug rugs but it’s excellent.

3 Likes

Seems to work as well as the commercially available ones! I like the trick of using the tape to make it sticky to hold onto the machine!

I use mine and just use my iron…not sure if fiddling at the machine would save me any time.

binders group

2 Likes