Quilt-along 2021

I really like how you can make the tape and put it on the item, all at the same time.

Yes, that is great when you want to get things done quickly! Anything to make the project go faster…I am not sure I am that coordinated to do that, though…lol

I, Abbeeroad, submit this as my July BOM

Actually I made two. Themed slightly different for my differing daughters.

8 Likes

I Edel offer this chair cover as my large challenge.
It was so nice to get piecing again, this was all random and even the patch sizes were all slightly different. I wanted a homespun country feel. It’s now in the corner of my kitchen so I can sit in it and drink tea and look out the window. It’s not the best photo as it’s dusk here.

But this is the chair underneath, nice shape, but DHs cat destroyed the arms, they are scratched to bits

@Abbeeroad they are lovely blocks, I :heavy_heart_exclamation: the centre fabrics, so cute.

12 Likes

I love the wee cat in the center.

@abbeeroad, the way you made your block, it looks like a completely different pattern from @marionberries block. That’s so cool! You chose really fun fabrics? Did the dds help choose the fabrics?

@Edel, Wowee! That chair cover is so exciting and interesting. You can look at it all day and find something new.

That chair looks like it lived its life in a country cottage…the fabrics are wonderful…I saw the owl first!

@Abbeeroad the fabrics and the way you did them made each one unique, just like your girls! I just love how many cute fabrics you got to put into this one!

@edel, you have completly transformed that chair. So comfy now.
@Abbeeroad what fun blocks and such a different take on the pattern. Fun!

They are and even better they were free. They were (mostly) from a sample book of upholstery fabric from a creative reuse place. So they all tone together.

4 Likes

Love the chair cover, @Edel! So cozy.

They did! I’m hoping to turn them into pillows. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I marionberries , offer Moonset for July’s prompt

Camping in the Rockies when I was a kid. Dad would load us into the station wagon at some dark hour of the morning and head out from eastern Nebraska to somewhere in the Black Hills or Rockies. Good times.

18 Likes

I love this so much! What wonderful memories you must have from those trips. The added stitching in the moon really sets that piece off.

Whoa, wow! So evocative of that night-time outside in nature awed by the beauty around you feeling. Love this so much.

1 Like

This is fantastic!

Lovely!

Beautiful

I love your choice of starry night fabric and the story accompanying the block!

I agree with everyone else. This block is fantastic!!

Thank you, everyone. I’ve had this block in my brain for a while and even designed it, but finally got around to making the block. This Quilt-along has helped my piecing skills so much. And it’s been fun. A quilt is growing! Maybe even two! (lap sized)

7 Likes

Some of you may recall that I participated in the Morewood Mystery quilt-along that ended earlier this year.

Well, it’s time for the next round! Here is all the information for the Macaron Mystery Quilt-Along. Instructions will be posted on the first Thursday of every month.

This month’s instructions include the fabric requirements. This is a laidback quilt-along that gives quilters a month to complete instructions before moving on to the next ones.

One of the really nice things about this quilt-along is the Facebook group full of participants. It’s really fun seeing everyone’s progress pics and being part of a quilting community all working toward the same goal definitely adds to the enjoyment of participating. Right now the group is full of everyone’s fabric selections.

Last of all, mysteries aren’t for everyone, so there’s a sneak peek option available for anyone who wants to see the final design before deciding to commit to the Macaron Mystery Quilt-Along.

Last year’s quilt-along was really enjoyable and the feeling of anticipation while awaiting each month’s instructions definitely added to the excitement of the entire process. If you’re interested, I definitely recommend joining in!

6 Likes

I have all my fabrics chosen for the Macaron Mystery Quilt! We needed two background fabrics. Background1 is mostly used within the blocks and background2 is the main quilt background. I’m eagerly awaiting next Thursday’s instructions!

8 Likes