Quilt for my almost-here grandson!

I made this for my baby grandson…… who could be here ANY DAY!!! So excited!

The nursery has a garage / car theme.

I used a layer of fleece instead of batting, so it didn’t require a whole lot of quilting. I used super soft minky for the backing.

And it was my first time using mitered corners! They are awesome!

Thanks for looking.

25 Likes

That is so cute for the room theme! And the minky will be so cuddly. Congrats in advance!!!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Very cute!

1 Like

Thanks!

Awww, CONGRATULATIONS to your family! What a cute little quilt for the new member!

1 Like

A wonderful welcome for a new addition! Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks, guys!

I am sure this will be one of many lovingly handmade items from “grandma”…it is snuggly and the theme is cute as well! Congrats to you and your family!

1 Like

Awe! This is cute and congrats. BTW, the corners look fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

:thread: :scissors: :pickup_truck: Congratulations! Your lovely quilt is a Featured Project this week! :pickup_truck: :scissors: :thread:

1 Like

Quilts are definitely loved. I was lucky to receive two quilts for my son when he was born. They are much too tiny now, but I still have them up in his closet. Maybe someday he’ll use them when he has kiddos of his own.

I love that you used minky! That’s some of my fav material!

2 Likes

How exciting! Congratulations on the impending arrival of your new grandbaby! I love the addition of the minky, what a great quilt for him to snuggle up in!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

1 Like

So cozy too!

1 Like

Thanks!

So fun! He’ll use it for years.

1 Like

Thanks!

I keep checking back. Just in case a picture of a newborn grand baby lovingly wrapped in this quilt appears :relaxed:.

2 Likes